DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
2016 GMC Sierra
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been still messing around with my TA and EQ because system just doesn’t sound correct. So I went back to square one and tested the polarity of all the speakers and make sure they were all correct. I had my inputs going into the JL fix 86 backwards on both sides coming from head unit. Guess I am still fairly new to dsp but if they were both wrong how could get good polarity on all speakers? Question #2, when I was in Room Wizard doing my EQ I noticed if I flipped the polarity on the left door speaker the line came up to the target curve much better. Tried it separate and with all speakers and same thing. How could that happen if everything was in polarity before I began. I am also using LR 24, so I was under the assumption you shouldn’t have to switch polarity. Just trying to understand if that’s correct of something is off. Just amazed me seeing it on screen.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
you can test if you have all speakers connected as they should be with the small 1,5V battery....unhook speakers at the amp side, run a battery test and then wire them back to the amp and take care you dont mess it. If cone moves outward then connect + to + terminal (the same as you had with battery). this way you will know that this part is done correctly.

· Registered
10,773 Posts
you can test if you have all speakers connected as they should be with the small 1,5V battery....unhook speakers at the amp side, run a battery test and then wire them back to the amp and take care you dont mess it. If cone moves outward then connect + to + terminal (the same as you had with battery). this way you will know that this part is done correctly.
The battery test doesn’t work in small speakers like tweeters.

If TA is set correctly, you shouldn’t need to switch polarity on anything if you are using 24dB slopes. If all of the speakers were in reverse polarity at first the result is the same as if all were in correct polarity. It only matters if some are in reverse and some are correct.

· Registered
3,058 Posts
of course it wont work with tweeters, only good for mids, midbass subs.... I should be more specific in the first place....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.