DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this deal a couple months ago and grabbed 4 myself.
VMInnovations has the Polk Audio PAD2000.2 two channel class D amps for $54.99. Use the coupon code "DealNews5Off" for a additional 5% discount. They've actually gone up a few bucks so, be aware of that.

Amp is rated 2 x 125 watts @ 4 ohms stereo, 2 x 250 @ 2 ohm stereo. 500 watts @ 4 bridged. Because it's a two channel amp there is no subsonic filter but, it does offer a frequency multiplier switch

Rob "HiFi" Vega tested one and got 589 watts at 4 ohms bridged. The video is linked below. I am personally using one on a couple of IDQ DVC V2 10's in my daily driver and it sounds great.
These amps seem to be clones of the PPI Phantom P600.2 and Soundstream TN2.600d.

Polk Audio PAD2000.2
https://www.vminnovations.com/Product_104301/index.html

They are also listed on eBay so, you might get lucky with a discount code there as well.

Rob "HiFi" Vega's dyno test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRamutPAec&t=3s

·
Registered
920 Posts
FYI, it has a band pass filter. Low end of the high pass is 20hz. So If you set it up to BPF with Low pass around 80 and HPF at 20 you have effectively set up a subsonic filter.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Dang, four of those amps for 6x125 plus 1 at 500, and all for $204 - talk about a winning combo!

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI, it has a band pass filter. Low end of the high pass is 20hz. So If you set it up to BPF with Low pass around 80 and HPF at 20 you have effectively set up a subsonic filter.
This. Slopes are at 12 dB per octave (2nd order) so need to consider that.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good catch there. I'm running mine sealed. So no need for a subsonic but, that feature makes it even more of a deal.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just got mine. Great looking amp. Really trying to resist ordering 4 more for the 6x125 1x500!
Yeah, It's hard to imagine a another way to get that kind of power for approx. $200. I have mine powering a couple of V2 IDQ 10's and it rarely even gets warm.
After yours is installed and powered up, let us know what you think. Specs claim 105dB signal to noise. Wondering if it really is that quiet when powering comps.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yeah, It's hard to imagine a another way to get that kind of power for approx. $200. I have mine powering a couple of V2 IDQ 10's and it rarely even gets warm.
After yours is installed and powered up, let us know what you think. Specs claim 105dB signal to noise. Wondering if it really is that quiet when powering comps.
Holy crap, just went and got 4 or them. No where else am I going to get that type of power for 193 bucks after the discount code and free shipping. I cant find that deal at a walmart of something that might be far less quality.

Good catch on this deal.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Mine will be running subs in my Wrangler - I have to control the budget and resist buying a set for my Vette, which currently has fully functioning and installed amplifiers that really DON'T need to be replaced right now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Mine will be running subs in my Wrangler - I have to control the budget and resist buying a set for my Vette, which currently has fully functioning and installed amplifiers that really DON'T need to be replaced right now.
Me too. I just ordered one for my midbass from Amazon. I'm tempted to buy another for my sub to give me a little more headroom

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you! Saw this thread and immediately bought 4 of em! I cannot wait to mess around with these puppies!
Bought 4 myself when I first came across this deal. Very tempted to add another one to get to 8 channels total (including two of the amps bridged for powering separate subs).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Bought 4 myself when I first came across this deal. Very tempted to add another one to get to 8 channels total (including two of the amps bridged for powering separate subs).
I'm actually in the same boat haha. 2 way fronts, 2 10" subs are going to be powered off these, and I had just bought a little kenwood 4 channel and was thinking about using that my back doors possibly, but at $130 I might as well return it and buy another one of these.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Do you think one of these is enough for 2 x JL 12tw3 D4 wired to 4 ohms. Looks like it would be close to 600watts to the pair.

·
Registered
153 Posts
To anyone buying these I recommend not sitting on them too long before at least powering them up. I read a few reviews where people said they smoked up pretty quick which I chalked up to the people that put reviews on amazon not knowing what they’re doing but I had one do it to me within 5 minutes with no speakers hooked up to it and go into protect. I have 3 others that have been working a couple weeks with no issues so it may be that they’ll either die a quick death or they’ll be fine if they don’t.

·
Registered
223 Posts
To anyone buying these I recommend not sitting on them too long before at least powering them up. I read a few reviews where people said they smoked up pretty quick which I chalked up to the people that put reviews on amazon not knowing what they’re doing but I had one do it to me within 5 minutes with no speakers hooked up to it and go into protect. I have 3 others that have been working a couple weeks with no issues so it may be that they’ll either die a quick death or they’ll be fine if they don’t.
Good to know. Makes you wonder why there's a fire sale on these though. Possibly these are b-stock that had some QA issues? Either way, for their price, it's still worth the risk for the power. As long as they don't take any other components out with them if they do go.

Josh

·
Registered
523 Posts
Good to know. Makes you wonder why there's a fire sale on these though. Possibly these are b-stock that had some QA issues? Either way, for their price, it's still worth the risk for the power. As long as they don't take any other components out with them if they do go.

Josh
I am pretty sure polk is discontinuing this line of amps. No longer on Polk's website and Crutchfield says discontinued on their website.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts