Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 2 12HO's

Votes: 13 86.7%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i cant seem to make my mind up... kinda big difference in box requirements tho. i'll leave it up to you ladies :D

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Sealed box it could go either way depending on what your space requirements are and the target frequency response. Ported box, there's no contest... go with the HO.

·
Registered
492 Posts
what volume is needed for a ported ho, since its sealed reccs are so small maybe the ported enclosure is possible under 1.5 cubes?

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've heard it depends on your musical taste too. 10's are more "controlled" overall.

I'm going ADS 12's in my truck. Tried 6.5, 8's so I'm going biggie this time.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
According to PE literature, the HF has a thinner/lighter cone and lighter suspension.

4 HF's occupying an entire trunk in sealed enclosures with ~200W a piece could be interesting :cool:

-aaron

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
ArcL100 said:
According to PE literature, the HF has a thinner/lighter cone and lighter suspension.
I believe I've read Dan Wiggins say that Mms has no bearing on "transient response." If that's what you're referring to when you say "controlled."

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
WeDgE said:
I believe I've read Dan Wiggins say that Mms has no bearing on "transient response." If that's what you're referring to when you say "controlled."
Oh, I wasn't really saying it had anything to do with control or not, just feeding the fire :) I think it's safe to say the HF is more efficient, though.

-aaron

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Whoever just voted in this 4 year old pole should get worked over with a pair of pliers and a blow torch.:laugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts