DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Tweeter selection

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
Do you have room for a large format? Subjectively speaking, you cant really go wrong with either and I have heard all of them. My ranking price/performance goes Hiquphon > Scan > HAT, if you are just talking performance its the same ;)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably putting the tweets in the A-Pillar or with the Midrange in the Kick panels. A-Pillars are not that large, width wise.

I would really like to put both Mid and tweets in the a pillar but I'm guessing the SQ will be compromised with a 3" Mid

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm going to have to recommend the 6600 tweeters, they are by far the best tweeters I've ever heard. But I'm also a big fan of scanspeak

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Probably putting the tweets in the A-Pillar or with the Midrange in the Kick panels. A-Pillars are not that large, width wise.

I would really like to put both Mid and tweets in the a pillar but I'm guessing the SQ will be compromised with a 3" Mid
Nothing will be compromised with a 3" mid in the a-pillar. It sounds great.

·
Registered
192 Posts
The OW1 is a delightful tweeter, but its tough to land on the pillar. There's no way to trim the size of the flange as the magnet assembly is nearly as wide (think: kinda hockey puck shaped). Hard to beat the Scan's size:performance balance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, I think I've decided on:

Tweets Scan Speak Revelator D3004 6600
Midrange Scan Speak Revelator 12m/4631G - mounted in Kicks
Midbass Seas W18NX or Scan speak 18W/4531G

Still need input:

Sub woofer Need to find a shallow or small enclosure that takes up
minimal hatch space

HU DEX- P99 vs RS- D7Rii + RS-P99 vs RS-D2 + RSP50

Amps Have not even started to think about till HU and all speakers

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
The OW1 is a delightful tweeter, but its tough to land on the pillar. There's no way to trim the size of the flange as the magnet assembly is nearly as wide (think: kinda hockey puck shaped). Hard to beat the Scan's size:performance balance.
You know you can order one with a smaller flange, right?

Kelvin

·
Registered
244 Posts
how well do those Scan speak 18W/4531G work in door without a chamber?

·
Registered
783 Posts

I just replaced my Focal Audiom TLR's with the AirCircs. I had a pair HAT L1ProR2's in while I was waiting on these. NO COMPARISON! The Hiq's are also very nice for the price but matched up with the 12M the Scan combo sound like a pointsource driver! Just beautiful!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'd consider something like a Dayton RS28F or Seas 27TDFC before spending the money on these. That said, of these choices, I only have experience with the AirCirc but it sounded outstanding, so I would choose that.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts