DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a new 15 sweetwater premium 240slr and the audio system just plain sucked. So I talked the wife into a few minor upgrades if I could keep the cost under 2k, so she said do it.

The deck that came with the boat is a sony mex70bt. Has enough tuning options that I felt it could stay to keep costs down.
Next I installed 2 pairs of Alpine spr-m70 components in stock locations with minor cutting.

Put a pair of cans with 6.5 marine kicker coaxials on the sport tower.

Installed a Dayton Audio single 4 ohm 12" reference HO in a 1.15 cube mdf enclosure sealed with fiberglass resin in the cooler compartment in an up firing configuration.

Powered the sub with an Alpine pdx-600m marine amp
Powered the comp sets and tower speakers from an Alpine pdx-4.100m marine amp.

All low and high pass filters are dine in the deck.

Installed a optima group 34 blue top as a second battery to power amps.
1/0 knukoncepts wiring between batteries, battery switch and distribution blocks.
Used a knukoncepts power distribution block for power and an Audiopipe ground distribution block for grounds (had this laying in my old parts box).

I have been out if this since 2009 when I threw in the towel for car audio, and haven't touched car audio since. It's a disease for me and did not want to get that bug again because it can consume mw when I get started on designing a system.

Anyway I just wanted a decent sound system for those lake gatherings.

Attachments

·
Registered
590 Posts
Very Cool. Post more pics of everything. I love 'toons. I'm hoping to pick one up next year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts