DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, im currently running on a stock Headunit, connected to a pioneer DSP since my stock HU does not have rca outs, my dsp is connected to an alpine 6 channel amp, alpine 3566, it has been working good for about a year unit i heard some strong popping/cracking sound in my right mid speaker...

Tried cleaning the gain pots, problem still exists,

Tried moving my gain cables, no improvement,

Tried removing all rcas from the amp still the speaker pops,

Changed my amp also i also still experienced the same issue, had the amp repaired, changed the capacitors etc still i have the same issue, can anyone suggest a solution for me??

Any help or ideas will be highly appreciated...

· Registered
2,206 Posts
Might be a connection issue. Isolate the components and test individually. For example, take the amp, connect a speaker with a short run of wire near the amp. Send signal to the amp via a known good RCA to 3.5mm cable connected to your phone. Next add in the dsp, then the factory signal, then use the speaker installed I the car, and so forth.

I had a similar issue. Turned out it was a bad solder joint on an xt3 connector near the tweeter in the front door.

· Premium Member
7,703 Posts
Unless you are running a turntable…

Then this is sound advice:

Might be a connection issue. Isolate the components and test individually. For example, take the amp, connect a speaker with a short run of wire near the amp. Send signal to the amp via a known good RCA to 3.5mm cable connected to your phone. Next add in the dsp, then the factory signal, then use the speaker installed I the car, and so forth.

I had a similar issue. Turned out it was a bad solder joint on an xt3 connector near the tweeter in the front door.
One can add in ear buds to listen in along the way:

· Registered
327 Posts
Bad wire/solder point

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.