DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Port placement questions? SQ installation

I am putting two AudioFrog GB10D2 at 4 ohms in a divided enclosure. The inside dimension of each side of the trapezoidal enclosure is roughly 22"T x 22"W and 8" Bottom and 4" Top. Outside dimension is 23.5"T x 46.25" W and 9.5" Bottom and 5.5" Top. Each sub has its own amp @ 600w @ 4 ohms.

The subs are behind the 3rd seat in a Lexus LX 470. The subs are facing within 6" of the back wall and the ports will be facing the roof. The ports are very close to the center divider of the box because I have heard that coupling them together would smooth out their response. Ports are 3" Aeroports x 13" long. The subs are 1/2 way down the tall side of the box and within 24" of each other.

My question is in some articles is says not place the ports with their diameter to a wall. I assume they are talking about a wall in the box. But my question is that almost every rectangle port design the mouth is a wall of the box. So should I place my ports further away from the wall or each other?

Any guidance would be helpful, as this is my first ported enclosure.

·
Banned
2,276 Posts
I'd fire both rear. The ports like to have something to load off of and give the wave room to build once it reflects forward. r
The golden rule is a port width away from the surface. Or more

·
Registered
531 Posts
I'd fire both rear. The ports like to have something to load off of and give the wave room to build once it reflects forward. r
The golden rule is a port width away from the surface. Or more
With a round port opening, two diameters would be just fine.

Sendt fra min GT-I9505 med Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts