1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Yeeeee Hawwwww! Five hundo, for a gauge! Ouch. Looks pretty damn cool though.
The one you got looks good too. A little to racey for my application, but to each his own. Any reason you preferred a sweep style?
I've always had good results with the Dakota Digitals. Price is comparable to the one you got. Plus the blue matches my interior lighting.:cool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeeeee Hawwwww! Five hundo, for a gauge! Ouch. Looks pretty damn cool though.
The one you got looks good too. A little to racey for my application, but to each his own. Any reason you preferred a sweep style?
I've always had good results with the Dakota Digitals. Price is comparable to the one you got. Plus the blue matches my interior lighting.:cool:
I used to have a digital number gauge (Stinger) but I prefer sweep style because it more visual. I can simply glance at the gauge a see just how much they voltage is dropping and not have to read it every time. Its not that big of a deal to most, but I like simplicity, and to me, sweep is easier.

The Defi one I got is pretty "ricer" looking, but its very high quality and accurate. It comes in white, blue, and red too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
I used to have a digital number gauge (Stinger) but I prefer sweep style because it more visual. I can simply glance at the gauge a see just how much they voltage is dropping and not have to read it every time. Its not that big of a deal to most, but I like simplicity, and to me, sweep is easier.
I get that. That's exactly why you don't see many digital tachs in race cars. You can monitor it, out of the corner of your eye, without having to stare directly at it.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For 5 Hundo it better do more than just tell me some info about electricity if you know what I mean!
Yeah but its meant for aviation, I work in aviation for the Navy and you would want to shoot somebody if you seen what some SIMPLE parts cost the Navy....

Even though our planes dont have a gauge like that, a similar sized one is about 50k

·
Registered
57 Posts
The DEFI gauge is definitely not "ricer" Those defi's are pretty much the best gauges money can buy best when it comes to in car monitoring for performance.. boost, oil temp, ect.. and I'm sure their voltmeter is a quality piece as well.

For me it would depend on the car it's going into.. it may be out of place in certain vehicles.. and be right at home in another

·
Registered
213 Posts
ive heard rumors of the stinger volt gauges being off... for those of you who have owned one... would you say this is true? or even possible for that matter?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You calibrate the Stinger meter yourself with a DMM.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts