DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to find amps for my new install in my car. I'm looking for a 4 channel to power the mid basses and a two channel for the tweets. Right now I'm looking the PowerBass ASA 600.4x and PowerBass ASA 400.2x for that. I can get them from sonicelectronix for about 250 total with shipping. They both have good reviews on the site and look like nice amps but I can't find any mention on forums. Does anyone know anything about them or any amps in that price range that'd work better? I need to pull the trigger by friday if I want to get free shipping on them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The amps are great for the money... especially at that pricing since the 600.4 dealer MAP is $299.99 and the 400.2 is $199.99! You are definitely going to get fantastic sound from your front stage... My own ride is going to consist of two ASA 400.1s One for each channel on the front stage driving a pair of 2xl-60.3c 3-way components per side. Then an ASA 400.2 to the rearfill 2xl-60c components and an ASA 600.1Dx driving 3 of the XL-804s... I've been with the company for about three weeks now and I've been using the line since 2003.. They've been consistently surprising at the performance they deliver for the investment... Let me know if you have any questions, I'll keep you guys updated on new projects and developments that are going to go into production. Email me at [email protected] Thanks - Frankie

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Placed the order. $254 shipped. Cant get a better deal than that. And I got the last one.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The amps are great for the money... especially at that pricing since the 600.4 dealer MAP is $299.99 and the 400.2 is $199.99! You are definitely going to get fantastic sound from your front stage... My own ride is going to consist of two ASA 400.1s One for each channel on the front stage driving a pair of 2xl-60.3c 3-way components per side. Then an ASA 400.2 to the rearfill 2xl-60c components and an ASA 600.1Dx driving 3 of the XL-804s... I've been with the company for about three weeks now and I've been using the line since 2003.. They've been consistently surprising at the performance they deliver for the investment... Let me know if you have any questions, I'll keep you guys updated on new projects and developments that are going to go into production. Email me at [email protected] Thanks - Frankie
Hey can you explain the difference between the product lines xta and the asa? As in sonic differences? Or better yet damping factors and low noise floor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Of course there are differences... Aside from the increased input gain voltage capability 6.5v as opposed to 4v for the ASA models... The crossovers are wider range and of steeper slope... 40-1500hz hpf and 40-500hz lpf at 24db/octrave as opposed to 40-250 hz hpf and lpf at 12db/octave. Plus theres better stereo separation, and better damping factor.. Plus all its internal parts are beefier compared to the ASA line. But not to say that the ASA's arre any slouchs in the performance department. Any way I can be of further assistance lemme know... - Frankie, Powerbass Tech

1 - 10 of 10 Posts