DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently running a trio of C2Ks and considering going to the 9.0, but I think this will be too much. The 9.0 fits my space requirement, and would match all the other amps.

I have an xxk1500 but not sure if it can go down to 1.5 ohms reliably.

Ideas?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would be way overkill to go to a 9.0, which they don't even make so you couldn't get one
Plenty of C2Ks on the used market. I don't think I've ever paid retail for a amp.

Maybe I'll add another 6.0. The problem is I'm so deep into Zapco its silly to change up.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Plenty of C2Ks on the used market. I don't think I've ever paid retail for a amp.

Maybe I'll add another 6.0. The problem is I'm so deep into Zapco its silly to change up.
well yeah theres plenty of c2ks on the used market, but you didn't say that, you said a 9.0. Be careful buying online, I have seen 100 cases where woofersetc.com will full out scrape off serial numbers and add their own serial number. Then, that amp can't be sent into zapco for repairs. I understand you liking zapco, cause I'm a zapco dealer, and all i use in my builds is zapco. Check out one of my build logs. But jl subs arent worth that much clean power, they just aren't.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya I should have been more specific. I want to add the Zapco C2K 9.0 for a total of four Zapco C2K amps in my truck. I've had pretty good luck running my subs in stereo, but never tried 3 ohm subs before. Agreed the bridged power is way overkill for me, even the way I play them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts