DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always been of the mind that, ideally, you would run power and signal down different sides of the car. Is this necessarily true?

TIA

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
I've always been of the mind that, ideally, you would run power and signal down different sides of the car. Is this necessarily true?

TIA
It's a preventive measure, or part of trouble shooting if you have noise. But most times its due to bad grounds. Many people still fell the need to run separately... and that's fine. Others will tell you stories of wrapping signal cables around the power wire. Lol

·
Registered
161 Posts
I've experienced noise from power and signal wires being run on the same side many times. Moving the RCAs to the other side fixed the issue almost every time. Would better RCAs have fixed it also? Maybe, but I always try the free method first and re-running RCAs is rather easy.

I had noise in my system with the singal on the opposite side of the power wire coming from factory power wires running to the trunk. When I hit the brakes or turned on the lights it got louder. Quality RCAs fixed that issue. I'll never use cheap RCAs (in my own car) again.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It depends to you budget on the cables... Knu's Krystal are pretty good but the cheaper RCA cables for me still DIY CAT6 network cable.....
I'll search for this method in the forum, but do you have a specific link for this? I'm not afraid to try this method...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts