DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new to installing car audio in my cars and have a concern. I have some NOS Poweramper car amps and heard somewhere long ago when I bought the amps that it might hurt the amps if you use a head unit with higher volts as in 5 volts.

Anyone know anything about that or how I can make sure I don't cause them any issues when I hook them up?

Ron

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poweramper amps were made in Florida and I bought 2 of their Tube Amps and several A&B amps. They are great sound quality amps.

I bought these amps after they went out of business about 2005. Also bought a couple eq's and some 5.5 component speakers. Have yet to hook any up other than I sold one tube amp years ago and he hooked it up right away.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Poweramper amps were made in Florida and I bought 2 of their Tube Amps and several A&B amps. They are great sound quality amps.

I bought these amps after they went out of business about 2005. Also bought a couple eq's and some 5.5 component speakers. Have yet to hook any up other than I sold one tube amp years ago and he hooked it up right away.
Do they have a gain knob or switch? If they do start with it all the way down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts