DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, this doesn't exactly have to do with speakers, but it does involve a Bluetooth audio adapter and wiring, so I hope this isn't too out of place. :p

The power outlets in my car are always on, a feature that I don't like, but oh well. I'm using a Bluetooth adapter (SoundBot SB360) that is powered from a USB car charger. Being as the outlets are always on, this means I have to manually turn the adapter on/off by holding down its power button. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying having to hold down a button for ~5 seconds every time I get out of the car. It would be great to have it turn on/off with the car.

I recently installed a sub and amp and used an "add a circuit" fuse tap as the remote wire for the amp. This got me thinking that perhaps I could also use it to power my Bluetooth adapter and have it power on/off with the car.
Could I simply get something like this and tap into the same fuse that my remote wire uses? Or is it a bad idea to power two things from one fuse tap? I know the remote wire is only to tell the amp if the car is on and doesn't actually draw much power, and I can't imagine the Bluetooth adapter using up that much juice either.

This sounds like it would work, but I don't want to overload anything in the fuse box. Some may suggest tapping into a separate fuse, but this is the only well suited fuse that a fuse tap will fit into.

Any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!

·
Banned
8,731 Posts
BT adapter typically takes 0.1-0.3A at 5volt, to put it in simple terms it will not overload anything.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts