DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A good friend of mine and someone that is a regular on DIYMA has just informed me that the last eight full pallets of old school PPI boards, heatsinks, plates, components, everything that was left over from the 90's was sold for scrap just this week.

All the original components from your favorite amps were there.
He told me there was so much stuff that he would have been able to build dozens of complete amps and sold them for new; recreations just like Carol Shelby did.

He had bought it all in an auction and was keeping it all a secret.
His plan was to release it all for sale piece by piece but he found out the seller backed out because shipping of the pallets was too expensive.
The buyer was willing to travel across the country and bring it all back in a UHAUL, but it was too late.

It's all f'n gone.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
324 Posts
Find out who he sold the leftovers to and see if they'll make a cash deal.

Chances are, they'll be ground up for the copper traces & whatever metals can me extracted from them. If you offer CASH that's more than the going rate for scrap metal, I don't see why they wouldn't want to make a quick buck.

Good luck

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Find out who he sold the leftovers to and see if they'll make a cash deal.

Chances are, they'll be ground up for the copper traces & whatever metals can me extracted from them. If you offer CASH that's more than the going rate for scrap metal, I don't see why they wouldn't want to make a quick buck.

Good luck
Too late.
It's all been processed just like you stated in your post.
NOTHING LEFT but raw materials ready for reuse.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
511 Posts
Why did I read this, I feel sick now.

·
Registered
941 Posts
The horror! As the saying goes "one mans junk is another mans treasure!"

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That should be illegal and they should be punished, lol.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
kinda like tha ad where the guy watches his neighbor give his dog a signed Horus Wagner ball... Way to ruin my weekend

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I hate to ask...because I'm afraid of what you'll say but...what specific models were these parts from? Hopefully you will say "Directed owned model numbers". Please, please don't tell me it was Art or...'gulp...Pro Mos boards????

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate to ask...because I'm afraid of what you'll say but...what specific models were these parts from? Hopefully you will say "Directed owned model numbers". Please, please don't tell me it was Art or...'gulp...Pro Mos boards????
Pro Mos, Arts, PCs, etc.....everything accumulated through the years prior to the sale of the company and it's ultimate production move out of country.
There was eight full pallets....all new original stock in various degrees of completion. And it wasn't just amp components either.
My friend told me he was going to complete assembly of what components he could and then all of it was going to be up for sale to the public.
It's all gone except for a few pieces that have miraculously and suspiciously found their way onto ebay.

Now you see why I got the sick feeling?

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

1 - 20 of 45 Posts