DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have this stack of PPI amps I am getting creative with in the trunk of my car. I have a PC 1400, 1250, 1200, and 225. Trying to float as many as possible. Anyway in the process of looking things up I pulled up the PPI manuals I have for the amps. According to the manuals the 1400 is only about 12" long. I double checked on the PPI website........and they have the same. My "1400" is a little over 21" long. Am I missing something? Amp says 1400, but nothing else is matching up.

Thanks for any advise,

Jesse

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, Here they all are. So we are all on the same page. The 2150 is 17.75" long, the 2100 is 15.75" long. I have the 1400 above those. and the very bottom one is the 225.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone knows anyone who can shed some light on this, I am all ears. I am going to call PPI this week for other reasons and mention this as well to see why it is the way it is.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
Their model number system changed between that style amp and the chromed series. On your style amps the number system was: 1st number=number of channels/ 2nd number= wattage per channel @ 4 ohms. When they switched to the chrome shells the number system became: 1st number= number of channels/ 2nd number= total wattage at lowest stable ohm load.

I think you found the manual for a later series amp so even though it has the same model number it is about half the power and of course smaller.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now to find that manual

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sleeves is right on. I think I have all of the manuals from each series of the amps as well as stacks of the chrome ones NIB...

·
Registered
116 Posts
I just wrote a long reply, and realized that not only did i name the incorrect amp but also, the fellas above this are 100% correct. I jumped the gun and wrote a reply without reading all of the existing replies. Anyways, your collection is awesome, and to the other fella having a stack of 1999 era chromes, that's incredible, don't let them go! Yes, your PC1400 was made chrome in 1999 and renamed the PC1800. I believe that in 1999, the PC1400 was the new name for the old PC1200, a baby gunmetal monoblock half the size of yours, of which i only saw one back then and were in very low demand it seemed at least at that shop i used to frequent...i don't even remember the 1998 catalogs or manuals having it in the lineup... But either way i love the PC1400, it was one of PPI's only 2 ohm mono stable amps! Enjoy that collection!!! I miss them alot! :)

On that note.....why would you guys say the PC1200 and PC425 (baby monoblock and 4 channel) weren't in their catalogs? I have long pondered that! I had their catalogs memorized and i swear those 2 weren't in it....and my local shop got them both, one of each right at the switchover to the '99 era chromes and put them on their demo boards and i was puzzled....

Ohhh and those super rare LEW limited edition white... of 1999!!!!!! I won't even go there.....:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts