DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I liked the thought of one amp instead of 2 or more so I traded my deck for a ppi pc650. I am running a 2way 4inch ads comp set passively and a pair of morel 8inch mids. Am planning on running 1 or 2 image dynamics 8 inch subs. I don't need a ton of bass just some filler to take the slack from the morels. Is this 650 going to be able to cut it? I need to know who has used this amp and what were your thoughts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
yellow?

·
Registered
840 Posts
i would think the a/d/s comps and morel mids would do fine but depending on your tastes you may want some more power for the subs...
you could bridge four channels and get 200 x 2 for the subs,use the other two channels for the components or the mids and add a second amp????
possibly 100 x 2 for the mids or even a small 25 x 2 for the components?
just a thought/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Depending on how you set it up, I think it will be fine. IIRC, it only has 4 inputs, so 5 and 6 are summed from the other channels....so you are forced to use either a single input and use the xovers in the amp or use a high pass from your head unit for the ADS comps, and then a lowpass in for the midbass, and then use the amp's lowpass for the sub channels. Should work, but not as flexible as an amp with 6 inputs. What HU are you going to be using?

Of course, if it has 6 inputs, my comments mean nothing. :) I thought about snagging up that amp myself....but I have not decided on really anything yet....hehe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.