DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm selling my PPI Pro 650

I want to keep this beauty just to have it, but that's such a waste. This amp kicks some serious butt. The "Pro" adds a highend crossover capable of doing pretty much anything you need to do in a car audio setup. It is in great shape and it is seemingly very rare. I won't take any lowball offers, but please message me if you want to talk price. I'm asking $600

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can you go 3 way active with this amp?
I didn't but yeah, I'd think this amp would be perfect for that. It has three separate crossover settings (ch1-2, ch3-4, ch 5-6).

If I had a 5 or 7 series I'd rock this amp, but I have a 3 that I autocross and a Jeep that I offroad...so this is too perrrty to be in either car.

This amp would be awesome on some of the setups I've seen in this forum.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bump this up. I really don't wanna sell this but I just bought a new HU so I need some funds! :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Oooo.. one of my old school favorites. You can also bridge channels 5-6 into a 2 ohm mono load for 400 watts. Free bump for Pro650 goodness.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the 2 ohm subs were being fed that way. I really wish I hadn't removed this system. The car hasn't sounded nearly the same since. This setup hits hard but is very controlled and musical.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
My god, that's sexy... they always have been though... so simple looking..

How many inputs does it have? 4 or 6? That was a deciding factor for me when I was looking at 5ch amps.. Some derive the sub channel off the 4ch inputs, so for someone doing pre-processed active, this may NOT work...
Buyer beware..

Personally, I would frame it and hang it on a wall..... Wouldn't be the first time for me either.. lol.. (not framing, but hanging on the wall)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aaron, you make it sound like I'm a con artist or something....buyer beware :)

It has 6-ch in, this thing is teh sax.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I got THIS close to selling this back in April but between the seller being out of country and me not wanting to part with this beauty it didn't happen.

I've got THREE project cars now and wouldn't mind some cash to finish one up.

$500 plus shipping.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Actually, This amp has 4 inputs, front and rear r and l and the third set of rca's is a non-fade output. This was the main downfall of this amp. If your not running full active from a processor or head unit then buy it before it's gone. This is one of the best old school amps ever made IMO.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Actually, This amp has 4 inputs, front and rear r and l and the third set of rca's is a non-fade output. This was the main downfall of this amp. If your not running full active from a processor or head unit then buy it before it's gone. This is one of the best old school amps ever made IMO.
Agreed. The 4 channel input was a huge limitation in my last comp car, but I still miss seeing my Pro650 every once and a while.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hrm, well it is still a kick ARSE amp :) If I can't sell it for $500 I'm not sure what to do with it...might just have to stay wrapped up in the closet...what a shame! Don't let that happen! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So, after all these years this is back up for sale. I never got an offer I could accept, and a couple good deals fell through. I obviously am not in a rush to sell, and I will wait another 4 years if I can't get a good offer :)

This has been on a shelf with no additional usage. I can bench test it if the buyer wishes.

PM me but if I don't respond please email me rf14dmb at Hotmail

Thank you,
-Jeff

·
Registered
142 Posts
In the third pic are those scratches to the top and lower left of the eq? I may be interested if its pretty close to spotless. It would be a nice addition to my bnib Ax606.2

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
In the third pic are those scratches to the top and lower left of the eq? I may be interested if its pretty close to spotless. It would be a nice addition to my bnib Ax606.2
They aren't scratches. I would hardly call them scuffs. I could try to buff them out. I tried to take additional pictures. It it looks like above.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts