DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 60 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Any update?

Does anyone no where the crossover are set at on the passive XO's, or the best frequency responses of these drivers?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Would the tweeters be able to be mounted in a PVC end cap to use in the pillars do you think? What mounting hardware comes with it for the tweets?

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Do those amt do okay off axis or do they have to point straight at you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Do those amt do okay off axis or do they have to point straight at you?

They are great off axis but only left right, or up down depending on which way you point the grill.

·
Registered
401 Posts
"They are great off axis but only left right, or up down depending on which way you point the grill."
:confused::worried::surprised::blush::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh good! I thought it was me.

How many times did you read it?
Three.
The only axis missing in that sentence is in/out. :p

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
Since every axis was covered except for 1, I think its safe to say he thinks they sound terrible no matter what.

·
Registered
247 Posts
im confused.....or was there sarcasm there?

but seriously what mounting options do they come with? or could you fit the tweeter in a pvc end cap?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
It's hard to explain. The tweeters have a wide dispersion, but not a tall one. If you rotate the tweeter it will have a tall but not wide dispersion pattern. If you look at the grill you can see kinda what I'm talking about.

For mounting the outside of the housing is threaded and it comes with a lock nut to attach it. In my truck I mounted them in PVC fittings and drilled and tapped it for set screws to hold them

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
That sounds like typical ribbon dispersion. It will only be as tall as the ribbon is.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Thank you, by the way, for posting all of this and answering our questions.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Just to let everyone know, these won't actually be out till around the first to mid Feb. they sent me the 2 pair they had a CES. I haven't gotten them installed but I will try to get a set playing in my wife's car this weekend. Here is some pics tho.

i fixed that post for you. please copy\paste above into your first post as not using [RETURNS] after IMG ruins the horizontal formatting of the forum. oh my god. :(

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
square ribbons do not suffer from the vertical narrowing, the latest LCY were built to improve on this issue, and therefore not all ribbon tweeters are subject to "ribbon tweeter sound" that is dependent on vertical dispersion being an issue.

41 - 60 of 716 Posts