DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

661 - 680 of 716 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
So RMA is I ship them the dead midrange, they ship me a new one. Want $25 for "shipping and handling." I figure that covers their cost on the part and the shipping. Gonna ask them if they'll just sell me one so I don't have to wait as long.

·
Registered
33 Posts
PPI is BS now my amp went down taking a AMT tweeter with it can not buy a replacement
Or if I can they have no Idea what they have or are doing

Me: i Blew an AMT tweeter on you p 65c3 set do you sell replacements?
PPI: what is that part number again
Me: P65c3 the AMT tweeters
PPI: do you have a picture or a catalog page the part is in
Me: Its the AMT tweeter on the front cover of your catalog the only AMT tweeter you sell
PPI: oh they come in a pack right? you have buy a new pack
Me: a pack? you mean a whole new 3 way set you do not sell replacements?
PPI: long pause whats the part number again?
Me: AMT Tweeters
PPI: oh ya we don't sell those
Me: you don't sell them at all or you don't sell replacements?
PPI: we do not sell any AMT tweeters
Me: ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!

I had to hang up.... ya last time I buy anything with the PPI name on it
I miss the art series days when they had customer service that whole thing turned me off of anything sound stream as well

·
Registered
164 Posts
PPI is BS now my amp went down taking a AMT tweeter with it can not buy a replacement

Me: Its the AMT tweeter on the front cover of your catalog the only AMT tweeter you sell

I miss the art series days when they had customer service that whole thing turned me off of anything sound stream as well

Guess im not buying the ppi amp anymore thanks for the info. Companies like that shouldn't be in buissness. No ppi dsp for me either

For some reason ppi just turns me off too. I wanted those 3 ways when they first came out and something turned me off at that time and i never got them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The ps8 from arc audio is pretty badass dsp they actually have customer service that knows what they are talking about

Not sure about ppi amps now that sound stream owns them

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #668
They would have replaced it if he would have told them he need a replacement tweeter for the set. But most places won't break a set to sell and individual part unless it's warranty

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
They would have replaced it if he would have told them he need a replacement tweeter for the set. But most places won't break a set to sell and individual part unless it's warranty

Granted, Alpine408 might not have done the best job of communicating with Epsilon. However, it goes to show you how well the people left at Epsilon actually know their product. Call up ORCA, or Arc, or Hybrid, or, or, or... and I can guarantee you they would have at least known right away which product the customer was talking about.

One more reason that there isn't a single product from Epsilon that will get a second of consideration from me anymore.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Granted, Alpine408 might not have done the best job of communicating with Epsilon. However, it goes to show you how well the people left at Epsilon actually know their product. Call up ORCA, or Arc, or Hybrid, or, or, or... and I can guarantee you they would have at least known right away which product the customer was talking about.

One more reason that there isn't a single product from Epsilon that will get a second of consideration from me anymore.

How else would I be able to communicate my problem? I could not find the individual part number on the AMT tweet. all I had was the 3 way set model number google search really does not bring up much on this set other then where to buy and forum topics

any who I bought some cheap replacements for the time being until I can afford some real tweets I have these off axis and loves the performance of the AMT's off axis so I am a little bumbed about poping one and not being able to replace

·
Registered
33 Posts
anybody mess with the parts express AMT's? or do I just bite the bullet and get some hybrids?

Or any suggestions for some good off axis tweets that are in some A pillar build outs would be appreciated

·
Registered
37 Posts
Detune where did you get them?
Clay's Audio in Memphis. He swapped one of the midbasses but couldn't get his distributor to take the set back so I had to RMA the mid and the other midbass, at a total cost of around $45.

System is up and running well now. Just have to x-over high to play loud, 100hz at 24db.

Will pop at 63/24 and 80/24.

Don't want to have to do this again, though they did turn me around quickly the second time through.

·
Registered
27 Posts
If you want a small mid that stomps that one(PPI 3") into the ground(yes I have the PPi P.65c3 set as well!) The Pioneer stage4 Ts 062prs is incredible! and its only 2-5/8"!! you can run it right in place of the PPi mids as the X-over at about the same frequencies! mine works fine right off PPI's 3way passive unit! may sound crazy but i'm running both the Stage 4 and the PPi 3" mid in my setup!

Has anyone else verified that their low mid(6.5") would pop fairly easy crossed over at like 80-120 at moderate levels,then later performed better after a break in period??( able to handle being x'd-over at 80 or so w/o popping?) or at very least did they quit popping at original settings of 120!?? mine are still new and I was just wondering(hopeful/wishful thinking!) that they will get better after being played awhile?? as of now I don't feel they take anywhere near what volume my Polk Sr6500"s and a few others would take ?? my feeling were that they pop pretty easy when new(with minimal bass or volume??
I'm having the same issue with my mids popping. Has anyone confirmed this gets better after break in?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I guess I got lucky with my set. Right out of the box mine sounded great crossed at 63Hz @12dB. I did wait a week, though, until I really cranked the volume. But even at relatively loud volumes they hammered pretty well with no pops/noises.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I guess I got lucky with my set. Right out of the box mine sounded great crossed at 63Hz @12dB. I did wait a week, though, until I really cranked the volume. But even at relatively loud volumes they hammered pretty well with no pops/noises.

I may have misstated my original assumption that they pop because of a low high pass.

Doing some adjustments after the post, I realized that my midbass are getting a bit more power then I think they can handle. Turned down the level's on my Bitone, and they seem to stop poping, though I do lose some of the volume from them. I'll keep messing around with them and report back.

661 - 680 of 716 Posts