DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
How is that peel and seal aluminum working for you? I haven’t been able to seal up my doors very well because the window regulator sticks out past the inner skin. I might be able to seal it up with that peel and seal if it’s been working well for you.

·
Registered
2016 F-150 XLT Screw
519 Posts
Top of page 3 they said they ripped out 99% of it.

I've seen people use aluminum bars mounted across the opening to section out the hole and then use a good quality deadening over that with some success.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Top of page 3 they said they ripped out 99% of it.

I've seen people use aluminum bars mounted across the opening to section out the hole and then use a good quality deadening over that with some success.
Yeah, I just saw where he ripped everything out. I might give the sectioning a shot. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
2016 F-150 XLT Screw
519 Posts
Read this whole thread and just now realized you're doing morel pointsource lol Those pods look fantastic! I quickly glassed some Morel Ovation XO4 into my pillars, didn't even do bondo/smoothing on one as I figured I'd better listen to them and make sure they sound good before going all the way and spending hours and dollars on it. Great sounding driver to me. May go even bigger to the 5" instead of finishing them as I know they'll go in now 🤣🤡

If you can viynl wrap it to match the dash, they'd be beautiful.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Read this whole thread and just now realized you're doing morel pointsource lol Those pods look fantastic! I quickly glassed some Morel Ovation XO4 into my pillars, didn't even do bondo/smoothing on one as I figured I'd better listen to them and make sure they sound good before going all the way and spending hours and dollars on it. Great sounding driver to me. May go even bigger to the 5" instead of finishing them as I know they'll go in now 🤣🤡

If you can viynl wrap it to match the dash, they'd be beautiful.
I'd like to see what you did with your a-pillars. If you want to comment with pics go for it :) I do have high expectations for these Morel drivers.

I might outsource the vinyl wrapping for these pods. Or I could flock them, that would be quick and should look good as well.

I want to do the best that I can do and at the same time I want this done now, lol. Some decisions I make will be chosen based on time constraint.

·
Registered
2016 F-150 XLT Screw
519 Posts
Oh lawd, mine are ugly as sin, I've got maybe 3 hours of actual work into them lol no one wants to see that

And I've already picked up another set of pillars, I'll be getting some 5" soon

·
Registered
223 Posts
As far as covering them, keep in mind material thickness and clearances between your pods and the glass & pillars. If the pods are right up against the glass & pillars a headliner material (minus the foam backing) might be best or something similarly thin

Reactions: edouble101

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
We returned from vacation yesterday and I resumed with my install today.

More mistakes were made lol.

My driver's side pod was slightly larger than the passenger side. This is partly sue to the dash not being symmetrical, I trimmed the driver's pod as much as I could.

This is a before trim pic.

Tool Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Triangle Artifact Fashion accessory
+

To enclose the pods I used fabric and resin. I has previously used polyurethane resin. The shelf-life is only a few months and by the time I used it it was expiring. This time around I bought epoxy resin, costs slightly more but for my needs I find it worth the price.

Table Liquid Bottle Drinkware Water bottle

I went through a lot of gloves and brushes. Harbor Freight FTW.

Font Glove Electric blue Personal protective equipment Packaging and labeling

61 - 80 of 105 Posts