DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys

hope someone can help
ive recently bought a precision power 2050 amplifier , the amp itself is in good condition considering its age , unfortunatly the previous owner has lost the 5 pin plug which is used to connect both left and right speakers , and the remote turn on

does anyone know where i can get one of these from please ???

i cannot connect the amplifier unitl i have the plug or know which connection is for the remote turn on

thanks guys

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
guys

hope someone can help
ive recently bought a precision power 2050 amplifier , the amp itself is in good condition considering its age , unfortunatly the previous owner has lost the 5 pin plug which is used to connect both left and right speakers , and the remote turn on

does anyone know where i can get one of these from please ???

i cannot connect the amplifier unitl i have the plug or know which connection is for the remote turn on

thanks guys
The plugs for the M and AM series are harder to find than the Art plugs. PM PPI Art Collector... Maybe he could help you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks i will p.m him to see if he has any info

was wondering if it was a molex plug or some other make ???

i have a ppi sedona which also has a plug missing , but i think thats a simple molex

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
thanks i will p.m him to see if he has any info

was wondering if it was a molex plug or some other make ???

i have a ppi sedona which also has a plug missing , but i think thats a simple molex
Can you post some pics of the 2050 where the plug goes so I can see the pins?
Then I'll see what I have.
Same with the Sedona for I might have that one as well.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Still looking for some pics.
I finally found some on ampguts but they're inconclusive.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
I could not find that connector anywhere. I did find a molex that sort of fits that hole in the case. I modded it a little and got it in an amp but still have to solder wire to it. This new one has molex pins in it. I didn't have the right wire/colors to solder in and finish it. Actually its a sansui by ppi. And I have two other amps to do the same they are the crutchfield ppi. That plug has flat contacts in it, there was nothing out there like it at the electronic supply places I could find. You can cheat and use the medium size spade connector and get it on the contact, make it so they can't touch or touch the case I taped them together to run that sansui for a while...but it is a duct tape solution. So I found this plug and will replace the entire connector in them including the amp and harness halves, if I ever remember to buy some wire lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts