DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone review or own these?

precisionpower.com/store/products/speakers/power-class-components/p-65c3.html

The few reviews I have seen seem to place these components up with some higher level components but sell for almost half the price, are they really high end speakers?

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
Use the search feature above right and you will immediately find a number of threads that will answer your question.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, that is too much to sort through, eg. 22 pages that lead off topic, or just talks about the tweeter and/or the 40khz we can't hear, installation questions ... I just want to know if they play like some of the bigger boys ..., like the Hertz Energy, Focal PS, JL ZR's or C5's even, but for under $250! Can they actually handle a400W peaks or 240W rms? Are they close enough in performance that would warrant saving the extra cash ..?

I am considering the HSK's but these seem to be a good competitor for half the price ...
Comments are welcome ...

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
are you asking if PPI China, is the same quality as Focal China, or JL China, or Hertz China?

I don't know, but what do you want for half off, a miracle...

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
If you're not going to put in the time to research what you're interested in, then why are you even here?
I guess I and another 30-40 members are stupid for reading and participating in the 22 pages.
FTR, you answer is in there and as are many other answers you haven't thought of yet. ;)

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My apologies, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I work 70+ hrs\week between two jobs, working on CCNA, kids, ... doesn't leave much time for extra reading, it's already been months of researching and haven't even took the cover off my car yet!

... this is one of my sources of research

I didn't find anywhere where these were half price, all the sites I visited they were all around $250, forgive my noobness!

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
My apologies, I didn't mean to offend anyone, I work 70+ hrs\week between two jobs, working on CCNA, kids, ... doesn't leave much time for extra reading, it's already been months of researching and haven't even took the cover off my car yet!

... this is one of my sources of research

I didn't find anywhere where these were half price, all the sites I visited they were all around $250, forgive my noobness!
No worries.
In the thread you will read that the winner of last year's IASCA Triple Crown won it with a set of these.
You will also find that the engineer at Epsilon (parent company of PPI) has posted in there as well regarding their capabilities.
It's worth the full read when you have time as is much of the content on DIYMA.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
compared to higher end sets, these run half of the price, at the lower end...

if you don't believe these are worth 250 bucks, then coddle together a DIY set and add a processor.

if that doesn't sound like what you want to do, or you will have a processor in the system anyway, then you may be able to do better than these, for a similar buy-in.

but I wouldn't bet on it.

look at what it would cost just in Dayton drivers, and you're over 250 and you don't get a passive crossover that was designed for these speakers.

now, I'm not a PPI fanboy or anything close to that since the business went to a conglomerate-owned mentality, but for what you get, it's possible you could put these in a car and never notice you saved >$300 on your speaker costs.

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
No worries.
In the thread you will read that the winner of last year's IASCA Triple Crown won it with a set of these.
You will also find that the engineer at Epsilon (parent company of PPI) has posted in there as well regarding their capabilities.
It's worth the full read when you have time as is much of the content on DIYMA.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR
I'm here all the time and I didn't even know that.

:eek:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
if you don't believe these are worth 250 bucks, then coddle together a DIY set and add a processor.
Seems like a good buy, and you're saying it's at the lower end, which to me would still be a good product, but is it a big gape between them? ... worth spending another $250 or so for say the HSK's ... ?

Seeing them in Ed's Titian is pretty impressive.

A DSP is in the plan. I am splitting the woofer off as one channel and the mid\tweet as another, so the designed crossover is a nice plus. I used to be a big PPI fan,10-15 years ago, but hey, I used to be an Oilers fan too ! lol

·
Banned
4,394 Posts
Seems like a good buy, and you're saying it's at the lower end, which to me would still be a good product, but is it a big gape between them? ... worth spending another $250 or so for say the HSK's ... ?

Seeing them in Ed's Titian is pretty impressive.

A DSP is in the plan. I am splitting the woofer off as one channel and the mid\tweet as another, so the designed crossover is a nice plus. I used to be a big PPI fan,10-15 years ago, but hey, I used to be an Oilers fan too ! lol
well, get a list of 3 way systems from reputable name brands, and these sho nuff, fall into the bottom end of the pricing schedule as far as real world, or on the street prices.

are they just a bunch of cheap drivers badged for high end because PPI sold out long ago?

I don't believe that to be the case, I suspect these have redeeming qualities that make them worth their street price, and then some.

is it a 500 dollar system?

that depends on whether or not a list of reputable, street priced, contenders exist, wouldn't it?

tell me that, and I'll see if you still think you need to spend the extra cash.

since you have DSP in the works, I would expect you would attempt to buy some of the higher priced raw drivers anyway, but if you are looking at these, maybe they just call to you?

put it this way, I wouldn't be afraid to try these, just by the online responses so far.

But, since I have too many drivers already and no real budget to expand my hobby interests at the present moment...

ah, what the hell.

don't buy these speakers!

you know the drill, leave a complaint, take a number, take a seat, whatever...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have gotten though about 15 pages of a good thread, probably the one you had in mind Bret, thank you for that, and some other resources. Seems if I take the time to do a good install and tuning this kit will really perform!

$239USD delivered!

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I have gotten though about 15 pages of a good thread, probably the one you had in mind Bret, thank you for that, and some other resources. Seems if I take the time to do a good install and tuning this kit will really perform!

$239USD delivered!
Good man! ;)

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah, that is too much to sort through, eg. 22 pages that lead off topic, or just talks about the tweeter and/or the 40khz we can't hear, installation questions ... I just want to know if they play like some of the bigger boys ..., like the Hertz Energy, Focal PS, JL ZR's or C5's even, but for under $250! Can they actually handle a400W peaks or 240W rms? Are they close enough in performance that would warrant saving the extra cash ..?

I am considering the HSK's but these seem to be a good competitor for half the price ...
Comments are welcome ...
I am with you. Sometimes the threads get way too long and become a pain to read through all the pages. Some times it's best just to start fresh.

I am having the same debate. I have the hertz hsk 2 way run active via dsp88r and am seriously considering these as an upgrade. I have the ppi 1000.1 and 900.4, and they have served me well, but it's just hard to believe that a $250 3 way set can be competitive with hsk 3 ways, or c5 3 ways! Does anyone have first hand experience and can compare these with hsk, flax, c5 or another good 3 way?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts