Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Precision Power PPI PC650

Condition of all items: Damaged, not working

Total Price: best offer:

Shipping Terms: included:

Pictures: Read description
Pics were taken before the soldering, obviously.

Additional info:
I got the amp in unknown condition.
I tested it with a small battery, and it would click on, then click off. I thought it was just the battery, so I proceeded on installing it.
I removed the rear plate (and discarded it) made a lexan cover, and fabbed up some bars to hold the IC's down.

I had no plugs, so I desoldered the lugs, and put my own wires in place.
I also drilled a large hole in the center of the heatsink to mount the amp upside-down.

I got it to power up in the car... and some wires touched. Some resistors caught fire. This amp is not in great shape.

I was quoted 130-200 to fix the amp, but I got a JL 500/5 and no longer want to mess with this. I wanted to get back to PPI amps as I loved my pc4400, pc2600, pc1400.2, pc1800, and pc1800.2. Maybe my next car...

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
not that it matters now but these amps DO NOT like to be mounted upside down.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
price, I know you said offer but I dont want to offend anyone.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
price, I know you said offer but I dont want to offend anyone.
Don't worry about offending me...
100$ shipped inside the US a good ballpark?

I shared this in PM, but I'll put it here, too.
I have all the pins I soldered out, and both endplates.

I also have a printed PDF version of the owner's manual - a no dollars value I'm including FREE! (Offer is also valid for anyone who wants a copy emailed to them)

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Don't worry about offending me...
100$ shipped inside the US a good ballpark?

I shared this in PM, but I'll put it here, too.
I have all the pins I soldered out, and both endplates.

I also have a printed PDF version of the owner's manual - a no dollars value I'm including FREE! (Offer is also valid for anyone who wants a copy emailed to them)
Am not familiar with this model/brand, what do you mean have all the pins solder out and both endplates? Where the endplates solder? LOL.

Could you post current pics of the amp?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll grab some more shots of the circuit board - The pics I got yesterday are useless.

The ppi amps had pins that would accept plugs (see first 2 pics) I removed them and put wires in their place for my install.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
50 shipped to me? Do you still have the plugs?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I was interested but removing the pins for the plugs was a no-no for me, especially when the plugs can be purchased for 10bucks. If plugs were extinct then I would of understand.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Im with you there. But I already have all of the parts to fix the amp and it wouldnt be installed in any vehicle. I have a basement project Im currently working on. And this would fit in nicely. Did the amp ever sell? If not. Let me know.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.