DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have the premier shallows s1001.They sound and handle very well, some people have disagreed with this before. 2009 model, it would be great if one of you speaker educated guys test it, lend some results. my0.2cents is they deliver an excellent sound with some spl, I spent more time tuning yesterday, I really have them pounding the seats right out of the cab, maybe my amp helps with its tuning features, im no expert, their low end is strong, i dont care for high end bass, so i tune that down, i dont understand why these are discredited, is it the name, or past failures, is that why they arent thought much of, the retailers here really recommend these for the setup in trucks. can anyone prove this wrong or back this.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i am not a secretary, this is how i type, mr nothing, ftw also ir ur not gonna answer properly dont bother

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
OMHO a lot of cheaper subs can work well, but if you need a small box or a lot out of one sub then it gets more complicated....or I need that and low sub bass.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
i am not a secretary, this is how i type, mr nothing, ftw also ir ur not gonna answer properly dont bother
OK, Perhaps I should have worded this differently. If you want answers your post needs to be coherent. I can overlook some problems, but I tried to read that mess and got a damn headache. If you want help here, make sense. And I may not be answering your question, but I AM helping you get answers

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OK, Perhaps I should have worded this differently. If you want answers your post needs to be coherent. I can overlook some problems, but I tried to read that mess and got a damn headache. If you want help here, make sense. And I may not be answering your question, but I AM helping you get answers
ok,that is acceptable. i edited the post. i will keep that in mind. it was jumbled. i just dont type well. i have to peck at the keyboard, if i tried to make it proper, it would take an hour for one post...i guess im not computer friendly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
great question JJDH. I am looking at shallow mount subs as well. That or I'm going to have to really fab something up to fit a deeper 10". I'm limited to 5.5" or less - not counting any enclosure i may need to seal it up, or a IB sub in that little depth...

What's the feeling on these shallow premier subs?

rob

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
great question JJDH. I am looking at shallow mount subs as well. That or I'm going to have to really fab something up to fit a deeper 10". I'm limited to 5.5" or less - not counting any enclosure i may need to seal it up, or a IB sub in that little depth...

What's the feeling on these shallow premier subs?

rob
i have an f150, so they are in a 1.4 total cf box. it is under back seat. this is my first experience with a shallow sub. i listened to a few brands, kenwood, jlw1, memphis, the premier s1001s4 really stood alone in comparison. two different stereo shops here in ohio recommended these above all others. so now i run them with a 500/1. these are IMO. great, thats why i started the thread , to get more feedback. after tuning, taking time and really tweaking all the crossovers,eq, gain, they freakn pound, clearly. they really even keep up with the sound in my suv. it has 2 jlw3v2 subs. the spl of the shallows isnt as much, but the clarity and volume and tone is really comparable. i recommend, of course im no expert.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
I found some cheap shallows, I think Boss and Lanzar 10s. I was thinking they might make good midbass since there is a chance they would go in a door. I mean you would not have to push them much and I could not find a cheap shallow 8...a 10 would be cooler:D But nobody answered or was interested. Stuff I have read about them for subs mostly says you get a little less, but they do work. I know the regular premier subs are a real favorite with some, in that price range. IMHO there are a lot of people, less on this site, that like to trash anything that is not from an expensive sub or driver maker and they hate anything mass market. I've run pyramids before with great results, did not work as well with better subs and I went back to them, so I laugh at people like that. Now if you need a tiny box or earth shaking output, sure you need a better sub than average.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts