DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$14.95 for 2 day priority service - if it fits it ships...

The key here is the size of the box - 23 11/16" x 11 3/4" x 3"

Perfect for shipping surfboard size amplifiers!

Thanks to nismos14 for sending me an amp in this box and turning me on to its availability. I have a case of these on their way to me for future amplifier shipping.

Hopefully this helps some others out.

Here's the link

·
Administrator
2,487 Posts
My wife got a package in the mail the other day in one of those and I instantly thought about the larger amps.

+1 for USPS.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thoughts exactly, if only I'd known it existed sooner.

The best part is, you can get a package of 25 of them sent to you for free. :) GO USPS!

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
They just came out with the larger boxes 2 months ago, I know I used them weekly.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Even if you never actually ship anything in them, they are still great for storing amps!
Excellent find guys!

·
Registered
420 Posts
nice find thx!

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Get em now, I bet they disappear after the holidays.
yep, I ordered a 100, i ship USPS weekly so I need those and the mediums

USPS is hurting for money, I'm sure they will not stop these as they increase revenue.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Umm, 3" deep. Amps are generally 2 - 2.5" thick. 1/8 to 1/2" padding on top and bottom.

Ill just pay 3-5 bucks more to ship it UPS, double boxed, with proper padding.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I have shipped 2 amps this way already, plenty of padding can fit in there, you just have to be smart about how you pack it and use keep the drop test in mind when doing so.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I had a roll of Raammat that I cut into 12" pcs and fit somewhere around 40 square feet if I remember correctly. The lady at the post office said it was $30 cheaper using this game board box versus non flat rate packaging. Great box for sound deadener.
USPS definitely has a nice deal with flat rate boxes.

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Rick, RaamAudio said he was going to do his deadener in smaller pieces so they could fit them in a FRB and do it for his customers this way, Cheaper for him and us..

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Umm, 3" deep. Amps are generally 2 - 2.5" thick. 1/8 to 1/2" padding on top and bottom.

Ill just pay 3-5 bucks more to ship it UPS, double boxed, with proper padding.

$3-5 more? LOL. Try 2-3x the price and 2x the time to ship. At least that's been my experience.

Yes, it depends on the amp, these boxes may not work for everything.Just putting an option out there.

I ship and receive amps in flat rate boxes all the time, The only way I can see there ever being a problem is if the box is punctured, and that is what insurance is for.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yeah... to say the least. I need to start selling you more stuff. Most of my paypal entries are to you. Something isnt right about that LOL.

pjc has received a few flat rate boxes from me, lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts