DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Wow, where did you find that beauty? They were sold by PJ's Autosound back in the 90's...18 of their 15" were in the loudest vehicle in the world in 1995, Doug Smith's Astro van...sounded great, played low...

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Wow, where did you find that beauty? They were sold by PJ's Autosound back in the 90's...18 of their 15" were in the loudest vehicle in the world in 1995, Doug Smith's Astro van...sounded great, played low...
local thrift store.

what shall i do with it?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Pro Tech was a line of speakers started by PJ's Auto Sound in Erie Pa. They were in many of PJ's world championship cars in the 90's. I may be wrong but I was told once they were made to spec by the same manufacture as Atomic speakers.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Not sure of the value, necessarily, since they weren't sold all over. Mostly just the east coast I believe. I'd offer to buy it, but I don't know what I would do with it either...lol.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Pro Tech was a line of speakers started by PJ's Auto Sound in Erie Pa. They were in many of PJ's world championship cars in the 90's. I may be wrong but I was told once they were made to spec by the same manufacture as Atomic speakers.
I believe you are right. It was either that, or Volcano, I can't remember...

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
interesting find then :)

im guessing it will perform best ported?

anyone want to do a quick box calc for me ?

·
Registered
395 Posts
interesting find then :)

im guessing it will perform best ported?

anyone want to do a quick box calc for me ?
Most of the cars I saw had sealed boxes, but most did back then....man, my local thrift stores NEVER have anything cool like old-school audio!

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my local thrift stores NEVER have anything cool like old-school audio!
round here they are full of really nice stuffs, not a lot of audio, but occasional screamers (i saw a $4000 pair of klipsh speakers go for $24 !!, i didnt get em but if i was there 5 minutes earlier!!!), and lots of other non audio stuff that is high value but very low cost.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Like I said, even though I don't know what I'd use it for, but if you decide to get rid of it, shoot me a PM with a price...I might bite on it! Lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
The PC stands for Pro Cast. I have a pair of 15's that I got for cheap on ebay a few months back. I paid less than $100 for the pair shipped! There was only one other bidder. I recently saw more of the 15's on ebay and the starting bid was $100 each. They didn't sell. As far as I know, the PC series came in two different basket styles. I believe what you have is the later style basket. They were suppose to be the sh*t back in the day. Have not had a chance to audition mine yet.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I remember that van. Seen it here in Cleveland OH in the mid 90's. Van was loud. If I remember right it had 1 amp per sub. They do sound good. I would like a pair, but not now as I just bought a PPI Pro Piston 12(original). I will have to keep my eyes open.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I'm from Franklin, PA about 45 minutes south of Erie. Tons of people ran these subs. I sat in quite a few crazy cars with these back in the day. PJ's is still there, but i'm pretty sure they don't have these subs made any more. I haven't lived back there for 8 years now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
yeah its old. I couldn't resist replying. If this guy or anybody else still cares. You can look up PJ's and call them.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts