DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got the Auto-Eq mic and hooked it up to my Pioneer AVH-6300 And after working through the manual to get to the auto eq function it displayed "function not available while driving" on a blue background. I was parked sitting in the drive way, so it wasn't that, but I have a bypass of the parking break sensor so that's probably the issue, but how exactly can I fix this? Do I need to hook up the parking break, run the eq, then redo the bypass? Is there any other way? I'm not 100% sure how the bypass fakes the parking break so if someone could run thought that that might be helpful, thanks for any suggestions

·
Registered
223 Posts
I have the 8400 but also have the ability to auto eq. What I had to do was switch off the HU by holding the SOURCE button and then go to the settings menu. If I don't do that the option to auto eq will be grayed out.

I do recommend, however, taking a little extra time and using a rta to adjust your eq. Did this with mine using the JL app on my iphone and am seeing much better results. Turned out auto eq did more boosts than cuts which caused my tweeters to go nuts. With the rta, it's just smooth.

Not to mention it feels more satisfying to know you did it yourself.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Same manufacturer as the one I used. At first, I wasn't getting results, so I went back in and checked what wires I used to connect the bypass to the factory harness. Turned out I had accidentally wired to the wrong remote signal wire. Check to make sure your connections are still solid and properly placed. That could be the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.