DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on a new system for my 350Z and was considering running active. I've never ran active before and have been reading around and have a decent idea of what to do, but I am stuck at what to use for processing. I know it's best to use a active capable HU or a car audio orientated DSP like the MS8. I currently have a PIO double din, avic-f700bt, that I don't want to replace so that eliminates the active HU. I was thinking about a RF 3Sixty or MS8, but they're both a little pricey. I I am planning on running a pair of Mach 5 MLI 65's and am undecided on tweets. No sub, so I'd just be going 2 way. I still need to take measurements for the tweeter, I was planning on doing it soon when I have the chance. I was looking into the Behringer DCX2496. From reading around it seems that you have to use a computer whenever you make adjustments and I've hear this is less than ideal for a first timer. How exactly do these work? Is it true I'll need to hook to my computer for every adjustment? I was just seeing if you had any suggestions on a processor to run. I'd like to keep the price low, so a used one is probably the route I'll be taking.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I also have a 350z, I was looking at the ms8 and bitone but like you said units are a little pricey. You can keep your head unit and just get a dsp from audio control. I'm in a similar boat as you so I'm looking forward to some advice from the experts.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Price to performance, you can't beat the miniDSP here... miniDSP Kits | miniDSP

One little 2x4 and a plug in and you've got a TON of control for ~ $120. Active crosses, T/A, a ton of EQ, etc. Down side is, yeah, you need a laptop when you need to make adjustments. But I've come to the realization that I don't need complete control on the fly so it's not really that big of a deal.

Even if you got a great processor like an AC EQL or whatever, it's not going to be dash mounted, so you wouldn't be able to really adjust it while you're driving anyway.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I was thinking that about the AC models minus the dash controller. Although a lot more convenient can't a person just run a an travel and make the minor adjustments from there. My dsp would be mounted right behind ma on an amp rack since its a two seater. I looked at the mini dsp but thought it might be over my head but I'm tired of buying eqment only to upgrade it a month or two later. Thanks for the advice. Sorry op didn't mean to thread jack but we're wondering the same thing

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
696 Posts
IDGAF thanks a bunch I'm def going with the mini dsp. Sending You a pm don't want to clutter op thread

·
Registered
183 Posts
PM area51 on these forums, he has a pretty much brand new mini dsp installed for a month, he ended up buying a bit one so I think he's gonna have it up for sale soon.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thanks for the info

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I'm going to get the MiniDSP. I've decided with the Mach 5 MLI 65's, I still need to measure for the tweeters, and for the amp I'm going to get the JL 300/4. Does this setup seem fine to run with the MiniDSP? Is it pretty complicated to set the MiniDSP through the computer?

·
Registered
696 Posts
if you check youtube the interface is very easy to work with.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts