DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm finally gonna get my stereo back together in the car... after 2yrs. Well, the issue with this car is that i would like to keep stock radio as it has the Driver information center in it... so after a ton of research i've come to the conclusion that... i'm lost.

So here's what i have so far...

Alpine T-757 - for components.
RF T3002 - Sub(s) (birth sheet shows 820w rms at 2ohm at 14.4- so lets say... 700ish real world- just to be safe?)
PG Rsd 6.5 (not sure i have the proper mounting cups tho, think i threw them out)... so may need new tweeters.

What i would like...

1 12" SQ sub that is able to handle 400-600W rms that can be used in a "smallish" enclosure - sealed or ported doesn't matter. ($150 or so)

Processor- cleansweep ($500.), alpine (pxe-660 $400. or pxe- 650 $225) or Lc6i ($300.)

So please recommend a sub that fits the needs and i guess the biggest question is- is the pxe-650 "sufficient" enough, being that it's the lowest priced?... and i can go active with an old memphis 35x2 amp for the tweeters....

·
Registered
34 Posts
you dont need to keep the original headunit, i had a g6 and opted out of this route as it was more expensive i went with the PAC piece that retained all the chimes, but there is a dashkit by metra that allows for a din unit and has the screen and options with it heres the link. Metra Part # 99-3303 | Chevrolet Malibu Dash kit | Metra Online
itll save you a couple hundred from buying a cleansweep etc. hope that helps ya

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks kyleorsini... the price in Canada is the same as the pxe- 650 ($199.), but it's definitely become an option as i have an 'older' (2009) Kenwood deck...

·
Registered
34 Posts
ah didnt realize you were here in canada aswell, hello neigbour. you can get it in the states for probably about 50$ cheaper, depending how close to the boarder you are and if you have a passport, most electronics i will buy in the states and pick it up, good luck with the build, im in the process of ripping out evertything in my g6 to sell her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts