DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys/gals,
I haven't posted here in a while. I am now looking for a processor that has at least a 4-way active crossover for bass, midbass, mids and highs, and an EQ. Everything else at this point is a bonus. What are my options? Thanks.

·
Registered
145 Posts
MS-8, H800 and BitOne. My pick should have been the DSP6 (im a zapco fan) but it only has 6 outputs. The MS-8, as i recall woudnt allow manual tuning while we havent heard the H800 yet here in the ph. The BitOne would be your best bet. 31 band independent left & right graphic EQ, powerful crossover and flexible TA at 0.01ms increment.

have you thought of getting the Pioneer P99 all-in-one headunit instead?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
At this point that is not an option, I have an Infiniti G37 and the whole stereo/control panel is one unit. I purposely got the one with the factory head unit with burr-brown processors so I didn't have to deal with this.

I will look into the processors you suggested, Thank you.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MS-8, H800 and BitOne. My pick should have been the DSP6 (im a zapco fan) but it only has 6 outputs. The MS-8, as i recall woudnt allow manual tuning while we havent heard the H800 yet here in the ph. The BitOne would be your best bet. 31 band independent left & right graphic EQ, powerful crossover and flexible TA at 0.01ms increment.

Interesting, but how do I interface with it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
fcarpio, there is a build thread on here done by "Vactor". He has a G37 sedan build log where he used the MS8 and had great results. Although he didn't do a 4-way, you can run a 3-way front, plus center, and sub. I run an MS8 in my G35x and it has done everything that I have wanted it to.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

Has the 701 been re-released? Mine is giving problems, that is why I am looking to replace it.

PXA-H701

If I could find a new one that would be optimal.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Interesting, but how do I interface with it? ^^^This is the post I meant to quote.
for that item you would have to either tap into the lineouts on the stock HU (assuming they exsist) or you would have to get a line level adpater. the minidsp can do balanced or unbalanced (RCA) input.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I am liking the MiniDSP (if I cannot get a new PXA-H701) and may only need the 2x8.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
check ebay. the RUX for the 701 is on there quite often.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I still have parts in my shop for that car. Just came across them while doing a cleanup. Ironically I decided to keep them. Lol
U can still have the radio modded for a digital out, and use the bit.1's piece
I just sent a pxa to alpine for a repair, it was a flat rate. Had a whacky output problem

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
for that item you would have to either tap into the lineouts on the stock HU (assuming they exsist) or you would have to get a line level adpater. the minidsp can do balanced or unbalanced (RCA) input.
I have that. I did some reading on their website and they have a very cool, product. I am going to give one more chance to my existing PXA by taking it apart and making sure the wiring is still good, if that doesn't work I will take the MiniDSP route.

How are you mounting yours?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
I have the RUX, my PXA is the one that is acting up.
sorry misunderstood. same solution though. there are abuot 3 H701/rux selling on ebay right now. if you like the H701, replace it. $400

·
Registered
21 Posts
Not sure yet on mounting. I might go the easy route and glue a Plexiglas container for it. I kind of like the exposed board look. The forums of the minidsp say they will release a boxed version of it soon. I would assume it would look close to the small one they have now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts