DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've come to the conclusion that my system will need some processing. i have multiple channels/speakers that need separate crossing over and eq. we're all familiar with the big name ones floating around, but i was hoping for some help breaking down the differences between all of them and maybe narrow down one for my needs. plus, i just don't have the time or patience to sift through 300 pages of ms-8 threads!

needs- at least 3 channels of output, hopefully 3 input. separate crossover, eq and hopefully t.a. for each channel controlled independently. i do not have access to a laptop for tuning, so must be controlled by unit or remote to unit. must be relatively easy to use and intuitive.

i don't have a budget ready for this yet, but am assuming about 500 bucks would be necessary for what i need.

i'm kinda hoping to get some real world experience to chime in to help compare all the processors out there and maybe help the next guy who's looking.

·
jtaudioacc
1,952 Posts
get a computer, Brett. or at least a long usb cable. lol.

you have a 3 way front, right? so, I think you need an 8 channel piece.

try to make it down on the 11th for the get together and check out the different systems with different processors to help make your choice.

JT

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
i've come to the conclusion that my system will need some processing. i have multiple channels/speakers that need separate crossing over and eq. we're all familiar with the big name ones floating around, but i was hoping for some help breaking down the differences between all of them and maybe narrow down one for my needs. plus, i just don't have the time or patience to sift through 300 pages of ms-8 threads!

needs- at least 3 channels of output, hopefully 3 input. separate crossover, eq and hopefully t.a. for each channel controlled independently. i do not have access to a laptop for tuning, so must be controlled by unit or remote to unit. must be relatively easy to use and intuitive.

i don't have a budget ready for this yet, but am assuming about 500 bucks would be necessary for what i need.

i'm kinda hoping to get some real world experience to chime in to help compare all the processors out there and maybe help the next guy who's looking.
Note the highlighted word above. You need to find some of that if you are going to start tuning a 3-way active front stage plus sub/subs. Or get a MS-8 and be happy with the results it gives you.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts