DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a processor H701 ... but gotten the feedback that the old skool PPI DCX 730 is much better in SQ and components ...

Just need your opinion on this, 701 has TA, EQ, Individual again ... etc ....

Any constructive is comments appreciated ... :D

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
the DCX is certainly not 'old skool'...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
The DSP is great. If you intend to use aftermarket headunit with this unit via analog inputs, you have a much better control of keeping the noise floor down to a minimum vs the H701 approach. I've used both, i prefer this PPI.

The H701 is on the otherhand the way to go for more channels, and Alpine digital connection.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
netken said:
... gotten the feedback that the old skool PPI DCX 730 is much better in SQ and components ...:D
I think you were mixing the DCX-730 with the older Art Series stuff? This is how we use to do it back in the day:

EQ: PPI DEQ-230

CROSSOVER : PPI OMX-432

NOISE GATE: PPI ACM-420

PHASE SHIFT CONTROLLER: PPI PSC-221

Now that's oldies but goodies! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ohhh my those do bring back good memories .... yup mixed up with DEQ 230 i use to have ... didnt know they were from a different series .. thanks ...

·
Registered
30 Posts
DCX is by far one of the best processors ever made. I can't think of anything more flexible from a tuning standpoint. The h701 is gimped because you can't place the parametric bands near each other and the gain is limited. -15db on the h701 is really like -7db or so. It isn't that accurate. Very important if you are using something like a mag cone woofer and need to tame its breakup. Like I said in another thread. If the PPI had a display that didn't crap out after a few years, it would be near perfect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts