DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Nice job! It really does seem you've hit the highlights, with the Vifa MG10 (a widebander I know better by its German designation, 10BGS), Aura Whisper, Seas G18, Peerless HDS and XLS, the very interesting SC12NRT sub.

Honestly, the only things I'd consider adding to the standard list:

-A second 8" woofer, the Peerless 830667 (SLS 213). It's a little cheaper than the XLS8 but honestly gives up very little to it in ultimate ability. Also, because of the higher Qts it is better suited to un-EQ's freeair mounting.

-Seas H1144, or whatever its replacement is called. You don't have a coax in there, and this one is tops.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey it's good to see you here! Haven't seen you around on ECA anymore?

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll give that Peerless 830667 and Seas Coax a look. I'm actually planning on adding a few more drivers, namely the new Dayton Reference tweeter and a few more that need investigating. There's some really great stuff I'd like to add like the ATC domes, but there just wouldn't be a market for it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Apparently I pissed Bob G off, so no more ECA....

The new Dayton RS tweeter does look pretty interesting, especially in its off-axis response. And that price! That said, I'd want to use a tweeter like that in an Orion style home dipole, not in a car...

Besides not being a market for the ATC stuff, I can't see a car-relevant use for them, or at least for the SM75 mid dome. They're just too huge, with the waveguide on the front and the gigantic motor. I've always wanted to try their underhung woofers but they are frightfully expensive. That said, if you're looking to expand into pro stuff, you might want to see if you can get your hands on some of B&C's stuff such as the 8NDL51, which has a neo magnet rising on-axis response, 7mm xmax, and a copper Faraday ring. The octagonal frame might not be ideal for stock locations, but I can think of several interesting in-car uses for this driver.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vibrator said:
8)
maybe I'm blind, but I dont see any prices. just wondering if they were supposed to be in there or not.
Sorry about that... you can email me for prices. I expect to have the shop up and running in about a week though.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
DS21 i liked your posts on eca and you got me trying some new stuff... of which i'm happy of course. and the same goes for you cheapboy (what are your names by the way). wish we talked a bit more bc i already check this after eca usually... needless to say a little mcuh

·
Registered
265 Posts
What a great List! This list is so useful. It has got all the good drives, and they are narrowed down to only the best! One thing that I would really like to see these list is the actual mounting depth. When selecting a midrange for my 2 door accord coupe (limited mouting space, I need to look carefully at the mounting depth.

Thanks
David

PS. I also love the short comment you made on the "price" page. Those pretty much gives me a quick over view of the drives I find suitable for my tastes.

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'll be updating the shop this week, so you should see all the products listed soon. The pricelist unfortunately is already outdated as I add more drivers. What you see in the shop should include price, reviews, plenty of pics, and everything you would need to decide if this is the right one for you (hopefully).

·
Registered
120 Posts
npdang said:
I'll be updating the shop this week, so you should see all the products listed soon. The pricelist unfortunately is already outdated as I add more drivers. What you see in the shop should include price, reviews, plenty of pics, and everything you would need to decide if this is the right one for you (hopefully).
8) 8) cant wait

·
Registered
265 Posts
Yeah, that list is more than a month old. NPDang has a larger selection of well researched drivers availble right now. He said he would have the new product list soon. In the mean time, I suggest you just look at the reviews (in this forum) and contact npdang about any drivers you are interested in buying, He will give you a great price quote and you can order if you like the price.

David

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.