DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was suposed to use peerless exclusive 4'' and 8'' but i want to leave the interior as original as possible in the beginning, so im currently using ca18rnx.
My amplifier is 2xalpine mrd-m605 and the new biggest alpine v12 amp.
Here's some pictures of my current project.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Looks great so far! And it certainly doesn't hurt you that the A3 is one of the few truly elegant-looking new cars one can buy today...

·
Registered
524 Posts
That door setup looks very much like my R32 door. The inner door skin is one piece of aluminum isn't it? It makes a great sealed enclosure for the mid! I like the very stock looking install. Good work.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The inner door is one peace, but you can se a plstic piece, but this is sealed with some sticky rubber-thing. The mids sounds great in hear. The car could be a tad more deadned..but...maybe later when i got time and money.

I made two rings out of MDF, one that just fited the driver, and one wider to stick on the door. This is actualy glued with some kind of allround sealer/glue thing (almost like silicone)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got my self some new toys. The Behringer ecm8000 mic and the M-Audio MobilePre USB hooked on a laptop. I'm just back from the car, fine adjusting the eq on the cda-9853. To get the most out of my system ive got to get a better eq like det 701 alpine eq...but anyway, heres the result.

This is a trial version of the Spectraplus 5.0

This is the VisualAnalyser 8 (free program)

it looks pretty good except the the little peak at 1000hz and around 400-800hz.

the free program looks as good as the trial..dont know if anybody else got experience with this program..?

·
Registered
244 Posts
i really like those pods. nice contrast and all. Did they allow for better aiming than the previous install? I swore the first a-pillar pics were stock! The color blended so well.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. I agree the pod color and the silver tweeter fits great with the rest of the interior. it looks like they are aimed realy low, but they are hitting me in the chest. It looked like they where aimed right when the pods had the same color as the a pillar, but when i painted them dark grey metalic, i saw it was not perfect. But not a way in H..L im starting from scratch again.. :rolleyes:

Im currently working with the simple amprack in the back, and ive maid some baffles to the subs. So if i can find a warm place to work with glassfiber, ill start on the subboxes..

1 - 20 of 220 Posts