DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
A lot of people on here have this (sometimes under a different name). it works good and is the same price, plus it's a multimeter.

It's on sale for $42.47 for 5 hours, we'll see what it goes up to.

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
2,648 Posts
I know some of you don't like Amazon but I love the piece of mind of being able to return if things are messed up. Or if I just do t like the product.

2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New Update Professional LED Oscilloscope Multimeter with 2.5 Msps High Sampling, Automatic Waveform Capture Function,DC/AC Voltage/Current Test 2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New Update Professional LED Oscilloscope Multimeter with 2.5 Msps High Sampling, Automatic Waveform Capture Function,DC/AC Voltage/Current Test: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

·
Registered
755 Posts
I know some of you don't like Amazon but I love the piece of mind of being able to return if things are messed up. Or if I just do t like the product.

2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New Update Professional LED Oscilloscope Multimeter with 2.5 Msps High Sampling, Automatic Waveform Capture Function,DC/AC Voltage/Current Test 2 in 1 Handheld Oscilloscope Multimeter, New Update Professional LED Oscilloscope Multimeter with 2.5 Msps High Sampling, Automatic Waveform Capture Function,DC/AC Voltage/Current Test: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific
ebay has returns as well, it kind of sucks as a seller because people can return something no mater what, and the seller is charged shipping. You can put "no returns" in your listing, but it doesn't really matter.

some flush cut router bit I ordered the other day:
Azure Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
2018 Honda Accord EXL 2.0 GB 3way doors GB40/10 centre Helix M4dsp/M6 Sundown salt MMats + more
2,648 Posts
ebay has returns as well, it kind of sucks as a seller because people can return something no mater what, and the seller is charged shipping. You can put "no returns" in your listing, but it doesn't really matter.

some flush cut router bit I ordered the other day:
View attachment 342390
I guess I'm so usto Amazon I don't even check other places. The ebay Oscilloscope is half the price as the Amazon one.

·
Registered
694 Posts
since you mentioned decent oscilloscope ..... :)
check out this guy's channel. i personally purchased a siglent technologies scope.

these types of scope will be much better than the tiny little guys with integrated screens.
i have one of those too, it's not really great though..

·
Registered
2,648 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I posted this in another setting gains with o-scope thread, I bought an extra set of leads an cut them off and added an RCA jack to make setting gains out of equipment easier, I also have a female to female adapter if I just want to attach it to the other end of the RCA. It beats having to hold the probes while adjusting the gain.
Automotive lighting Electrical wiring Gadget Audio equipment Cable

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Your tittle states "proper gain setting" even though you have an oscilloscope there's more to setting gains then just finding an unclipped signal. Odb tones leaves more to be desired depending on your amp choice. I do tend to over power everything so take my methods with a grain of salt and a lil salsita. Mids n tweeters I use a 0 db 1k tone and end up turning them down on the dsp. Midbass I use 0db 100hz tone then play some music with a bunch of midbass like some old school snoop and watch the oscilloscope dance then i slightly turn it up until some tones start to clip. Then I recheck with a 50hz -5 tone to make sure I'm not clipping the living hell out of it. (I don't have -5 100hz tone) or else I'd use that. But my bass I used a -10 db 50hz tone. Then again I'll play some music with a lot of bass like - jezzy - put on- and watch the oscilloscope dance again, some times I have to turn it down a lil, some times I'm feeling gangsta and leave it alone. "Thug life" I say, then bang away. I haven't blown anything yet since ive started this method so 🤷🏽. I'm sure others have other methods. They can gladly share. Maybe I can learn something new.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I’m on step # buying a mic.
I set the gains with a multimeter, but been thinking about one of these too
but then I think “do I really need it”?
:unsure:
I too haven’t blown anything up yet:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ItsonlyaHONDA

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
I’m on step # buying a mic.
I set the gains with a multimeter, but been thinking about one of these too
but then I think “do I really need it”?
:unsure:
I too haven’t blown anything up yet:ROFLMAO:
I have a mic, I'm on step # learning how to use it lol

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
A lot of people on here have this (sometimes under a different name). it works good and is the same price, plus it's a multimeter.

It's on sale for $42.47 for 5 hours, we'll see what it goes up to.

Damn shame I didn’t check back in time 😭😭😭. Thanks for all of the info & suggestions guys. EBay is all well and good but the return policy isn’t as good as Amazon & since I have Prime the one I ordered will be here later today.

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I posted this in another setting gains with o-scope thread, I bought an extra set of leads an cut them off and added an RCA jack to make setting gains out of equipment easier, I also have a female to female adapter if I just want to attach it to the other end of the RCA. It beats having to hold the probes while adjusting the gain.
View attachment 342403
Link to the other thread? I have a semi broken set of leads from an older multimeter and would love to do this but have no idea how.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Link to the other thread? I have a semi broken set of leads from an older multimeter and would love to do this but have no idea how.
I didn't post a how-to in the other thread. You solder the red wire to the center of the RCA and the black to the outside.
If you have an old RCA cable that the end doesn't come apart you can even cut and strip the wires on that without having to solder it to the actual end. It's not that critical for these purposes.
Bicycle part Automotive exhaust Cylinder Muffler Gas

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I didn't post a how-to in the other thread. You solder the red wire to the center of the RCA and the black to the outside.
If you have an old RCA cable that the end doesn't come apart you can even cut and strip the wires on that without having to solder it to the actual end. It's not that critical for these purposes.
View attachment 342432
Gotcha! Looking at the pic quickly I thought each lead had an RCA end. This looks simple enough, thanks!

·
Registered
694 Posts
i made this so i can connect all devices & have the system running then tap in to measure with all components hooked up and playing. the loops are there so i can attach scope probes, etc. this way everything is loaded the way it would be in real system.

what i'll do is have a y-adapter on the system then plug this into the extra unused "y" rca side.

Outerwear Cap Textile Sleeve T-shirt

1 - 19 of 19 Posts