DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past year I have ran my kicker zx400.1 amplifier to my Boston G5 sub without a problem.

Last week I decided to upgrade my door speakers and add an amplifier to power them. ID cxs62 comps and ID ctx65 coaxs with an arc audio ks125.4 powering them.

This is the first time I have setup a two amplifier system. I currently have a memphis 4 gauge amp kit. I ran the 12 volt wire to a dist. block with two 8 gauge hots running to both the kicker and arc audio amp. I did the same thing with the 4 gauge ground wire. The last thing I did was daisy chain the remote wire from kicker amp to arc audio amp.

I disconnected all speaker wire and rca cable, re-connected the negative terminal on the car and turned the key on. As soon as I did so, the protection mode light lit up on both amps.

I've checked all connections and they seem to be good. Any ideas on what could be causing this?

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Start with basic stuff. Solid 12V on both? Good grounds? Disconnect one amp at a time from remote turn on and see what happens. Something either shorted or you got juice problems. If it is remote turn on, try adding a relay.

·
Banned
309 Posts
^^^^^What he said. Plus make sure there is no stray wire from the remote touching the ground on one of the amps.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I forgot that I had the remote line still going to the stock factory amp of the vehicle. Apparently with all three amps on the same remote line they would go into protection mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts