DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

281 - 300 of 567 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
Plugged the laptop in. Everything looked normal but it wasn't I had to go to each setting such as every crossover setting and hit enter to reapply the crossover settings. Same goes for TA, output, input, etc. I lost my eq setting but luckily I have practically zero eq used. I guess turning the volume down to zero before turning the car off will become a ritual.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Plugged the laptop in. Everything looked normal but it wasn't I had to go to each setting such as every crossover setting and hit enter to reapply the crossover settings. Same goes for TA, output, input, etc. I lost my eq setting but luckily I have practically zero eq used. I guess turning the volume down to zero before turning the car off will become a ritual.
I just installed my PS8 and WOW what an improvement over the p99rs. I havent even tuned the system yet.

I love the DSP via optical input. I am highly impressed and I am sorry that you had some problems. Any cool features you can share with a noob? :p

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is exactly one of the issues we had with our ps8's. We documented our experiences at length with Arc. I would contact them or return to the dealer you purchased it from and have them talk to Fred. This issue was the primary reason we removed it from the customers vehicle as it's a fully active 3way up front and this was a recipe for destroying speakers.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
First cold day since I found the wires yesterday, had pops, sending it in early next year. Even colder today, I warmed it up with a hair drier before starting the car, no pops. I guess this will be my procedure anytime the temperature gets into the 40s. I left an old hairdrier in the trunk for cold days so it's not too inconvenient.

With the amp's 500hz highpass on the tweeters and 150hz highpass on the mids it doesn't sound quite as bad as it used to but it's still pretty scary. I'm wondering if I should set a 40hz highpass on the midbass..... But then again, if the tweeters can handle it, I doubt I'm going to hurt the midbass.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
That would be enculé (an cue lay) :)

And so the saga continues...

BuickGN, if you ever end up driving down to OC, I like troubleshooting stuff... and when troubleshooting doesn't work, well, there's always just plain shooting.

If you want a shot at it before I send it in, we can do that.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #290
Cool. Close the thread. I've got one foot out of car audio already after another $300 wasted on junk that won't fit my car and I'm sol, exactly what I needed right before Christmas. Maybe I'll make a video of it being burned or runover. I'm not sending the PS8 in right now due to Christmas and NewYears delays so it can't hurt to have a forum member take a look in the meantime.

As I said, close the thread apparently its too much for people to handle what I do with my equipment.

·
Director of Whatever
835 Posts
Oh, yeah, I was just looking for an excuse to hang out and as my wife says "do speaker stuff"
Another post up here says the problem was experienced with multiple units, therefore, there's a good chance it's not something that can be fixed on a sunday,
and I'm sure BuickGN has already gone through the normal troubleshooting steps.

But I wouldn't ship it until after xmas.

·
Director of Whatever
835 Posts
Cool. Close the thread. I've got one foot out of car audio already after another $300 wasted on junk that won't fit my car and I'm sol, exactly what I needed right before Christmas. Maybe I'll make a video of it being burned or runover. I'm not sending the PS8 in right now due to Christmas and NewYears delays so it can't hurt to have a forum member take a look in the meantime.

As I said, close the thread apparently its too much for people to handle what I do with my equipment.
What kind of $300 junk?
When the iPad first came out, I had plans to get one and blow it up with a 50 cal BMG, but I pussied out of waiting in line at the store with a bunch off annoying fags in turtlenecks and square glasses

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #293
Oh, yeah, I was just looking for an excuse to hang out and as my wife says "do speaker stuff"
Another post up here says the problem was experienced with multiple units, therefore, there's a good chance it's not something that can be fixed on a sunday,
and I'm sure BuickGN has already gone through the normal troubleshooting steps.

But I wouldn't ship it until after xmas.
Same here. It would be a good excuse to meet you. You have done some very nice things for me and you've been very helpful. While we probably wouldn't fix anything I would still love to hear your setup.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Sorry did you say "high pass tweeters set at 500hz and up"? That seems way too low...hopefully this gets resolved for you, I say send it back to Arc. They can run some tests and maybe learn from this situation.

·
Registered
288 Posts
^sorry I haven't read all 12 pages, I did read the first few ones when he started having problems, looks like I missed a few posts :)

Still sucks he's having so many issues, I know arc was trying to test these units for a long time to make sure no issues would arise once at launched...i know because I tried very unsuccessfully to test one prior to launch!...looks like they should have let me try one since I live in canada (great white cold north!)

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Yeah, I wish the amps highpass would go higher but 500hz is much better than 20hz. They did sound amazingly good when the PS8 lost its settings and they were playing 500hz and up. No popping or spitting or distortion even with it fairly loud.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts

You're bitching about Christmas spending but are going to buy a trip of 1200s or 13W7s seriously?

And it CAN hurt to have a forum member look at your PS8. If he messes with it, Arc MIGHT be nice to still work on but personally, I'd tell you to GFY. You've been dicking around with this for months instead of just taking a few minutes out of your day and sending the god damned thing in.

Jesus Christ...

·
Director of Whatever
835 Posts
Dude, we'd probably just hang out, put a scope in the inputs and outputs, but I would never touch the PCB or do anything funny to the firmware, or even communicate with it directly via serial connection, since it's under warranty. I may be crazy, but not with other people's stuff!!

BuickGN, I don't have a set up right now, everything is out of the car, except for the 8'' midbass. The amp rack is half built and wired outside of the car and I have all of the new speakers, etc.
CVJoint is coming over to work on his car, I plan on using that time to work on mine and finish my set up as well. There's probably 3 days worth of work left to do.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Dude, we'd probably just hang out, put a scope in the inputs and outputs, but I would never touch the PCB or do anything funny to the firmware, or even communicate with it directly via serial connection, since it's under warranty. I may be crazy, but not with other people's stuff!!

BuickGN, I don't have a set up right now, everything is out of the car, except for the 8'' midbass. The amp rack is half built and wired outside of the car and I have all of the new speakers, etc.
CVJoint is coming over to work on his car, I plan on using that time to work on mine and finish my set up as well. There's probably 3 days worth of work left to do.
Yeah, I would just love to know what's happening even if we can't do anything about it. I'll PM you shortly. You're welcome to take the controls of mine, I'm sure you can come up with a better tune than what I currently have.

You're bitching about Christmas spending but are going to buy a trip of 1200s or 13W7s seriously?

And it CAN hurt to have a forum member look at your PS8. If he messes with it, Arc MIGHT be nice to still work on but personally, I'd tell you to GFY. You've been dicking around with this for months instead of just taking a few minutes out of your day and sending the god damned thing in.

Jesus Christ...
Off the wagon again, huh? I have not bitched about Christmas spending, I bitched about $300 worth of product that is not usable, something I bought for myself and my car. Not sure where you got Christmas spending out of that. I don't mind spending money on a product that works

If you take the time to read before spewing that diarrhea of the mouth you might see where I thought the problem was fixed up until a couple days ago. Now sober up or get back on your meds or whatever it is that you do but it's Christmas time, try and have a better attitude. Just because your wife left you doesn't mean you have the right to be condescending to everyone else. If what a stranger does with his PS8 gets you this mad, I can only imagine what you're like in person. Jeez.

281 - 300 of 567 Posts