DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been using a Smith and Larson WT2 for a couple of years. I finally decided to buy a DATS v3. I have a few subs I have built under my belt, but I am no expert. For now that is all I have used a device like that for. Pull the specs from a newly built speaker. I would like to know who has used a woofer tester 2 before, and if anyone has used DATS v2 or v3. If so, what is your experience with either of those?

My experience with the wt2 has been hit or miss. The slightest quirk either human error or environmental ruined the devices output/input which is obviously an issue, but sometimes even the calibration was thrown off. Partially I attribute some of how it functioned to the sw that was aged and drivers it had available for Windows.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
definitely have a look at this video
Ah yes hexibase. I used to be subscribed to that channel and I did watch his review in that video. I found lots of cool info in all his videos but became repelled by them through the way he orchestrates his explanations...

Was more curious of any first hand use cases as of current is all or any one on the forums who has used any testing hw that might share anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts