DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Nice. I like how all the specs are there, no funny stuff. Congrats on the new woofer.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Either sealed or ported. :)
whats the deal with the updates, or lack thereof, on yer site? i remember over a month ago you said the site would be updated in a month. no change thus far. i'm in the market for a new 10" or two and if you're lucky, i may buy one from your company if the specs fit and if the price is right.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
whats the deal with the updates, or lack thereof, on yer site? i remember over a month ago you said the site would be updated in a month. no change thus far. i'm in the market for a new 10" or two and if you're lucky, i may buy one from your company if the specs fit and if the price is right.
The HAT facebook page says the new site should go live next week (Oct.16-22)

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
What is the ideal volume of a sealed box, per driver? How would the I8SW compare to an Alpine SWR-823D? (My uneducated guess would be HAT would have the better SQ but would not go as loud as the Alpine. And I'm guessing the Alpine would be the smaller enclosure of the two).

C'mon Scott, sway me away from the Dark Side as I'm about to pull the trigger on four of the 823D's :poke:

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is true, we'll have 20 hours of new reading material up on the Hybrid Audio Technologies Home site by Sunday morning when everyone wakes up. :) The I8SW and I10SW will be worth waiting for...and yes, I know that everyone has been waiting. Sorry. We will make it up to everyone. We will announce a buy one, get one half-off sale here in a few weeks, to say "sorry" for the incredible delay.

·
Banned
183 Posts
It is true, we'll have 20 hours of new reading material up on the Hybrid Audio Technologies Home site by Sunday morning when everyone wakes up. :) The I8SW and I10SW will be worth waiting for...and yes, I know that everyone has been waiting. Sorry. We will make it up to everyone. We will announce a buy one, get one half-off sale here in a few weeks, to say "sorry" for the incredible delay.
buy one get one half off is a HUGE way of saying sorry :D

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
I may be wrong here, but I dont believe its IB capable. I saw a post on the buwaldahybrids forum from a tester that stated the I10SW would not make a good IB sub, but made a excellent ported or sealed sub. I also recal that the original idea for the Imagine line of subs was to design them to use very small boxes.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
I may be wrong here, but I dont believe its IB capable. I saw a post on the buwaldahybrids forum from a tester that stated the I10SW would not make a good IB sub, but made a excellent ported or sealed sub. I also recal that the original idea for the Imagine line of subs was to design them to use very small boxes.
That's what I was told via e-mail from Scott... Sealed or ported (ported recommended). "The I8SW figure about 0.6 cubic feet, a bit more for the 10-inch." Also FWIW, "They’d compare VERY well against Image Dynamics IDQ’s."

·
Registered
510 Posts
good thing i work second shift this upcoming week. that gives me at least 5 hours of available reading time a day. assuming i wake up and jump right into it. maybe even more per day if i commit some time after putting in some time at the office. so i'm glad i'm not on first shift otherwise i'd only have a good one to two, maybe three, hours a day/night for reading.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts