DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Current configuration is a Dynaudio System 342 installed off a JL 300/2v2, x2 JL 12" 12w3v3 on a JL HD 750/1. Headunit is an Alpine INA-W910. Battery voltage is not an issue since I've eliminated it with a car charger.

Problem I'm having is with the Multi-EQ tunning phase. I constantly get an Error -2 when it reaches the rear speakers. Currently I'm running just the FRONT and SUB RCA's to the 2 amps and nothing off the rear RCA's. I'm wondering if this may be causing the issue with the measurement not completing and error'ing out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, that is what's causing your Error -2 message that translates to "Measure Control Error". If running the Front.Rear.Sub. option all three RCAs need to be used. If for some reason this doesn't help, make sure before you plug the mic into the IMPRINT module for testing, the HU is not running a previously "tested" sound stage. Meaning turn your "MutliEQ" option to OFF and set to "Curve1" or "Curve2".

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Crap. I was hoping this wasn't the issue: needing to run a front and rear to get the processor to work.

But I think I have an easy enough work around. The rear speakers are still wired up to the HU's internal amplifier. I can just run a set of RCA cables to the HU to power on the rear speakers and then just unplug the RCA's so the rear fill doesn't distract from the front image.

I'll post up if this helps or whatever happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts