DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after talking to alpine this morning...I won't be holding my breath waiting for the PXA-H800 and controller to be released this year. What a disappointment. I have really looking forward to this for a while now. It looks like I need to look at other DSPs and am really leaning towards the helix P-DSP at this point. I don't understand why Alpine is lagging on this one, you would think that they would have worked out all of the bugs by now.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Well after talking to alpine this morning...I won't be holding my breath waiting for the PXA-H800 and controller to be released this year. What a disappointment. I have really looking forward to this for a while now. It looks like I need to look at other DSPs and am really leaning towards the helix P-DSP at this point. I don't understand why Alpine is lagging on this one, you would think that they would have worked out all of the bugs by now.
they havent fixed the bluetooth module in 4 or 5 years. I wouldnt count on it, lol.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Having it right, is as important as delivery. Wouldn't you agree?
And your point?? It was them Alpine that made a release date & failed to deliver. Its been a **** product from the word go. If consumers starts to loose fate, they only have themself to blame. So dont go making excuses for them.

·
Registered
321 Posts
And your point?? It was them Alpine that made a release date & failed to deliver. Its been a **** product from the word go. If consumers starts to loose fate, they only have themself to blame. So dont go making excuses for them.

It is only in America that you can't buy it. There were a couple of problems which were easily sorted with a software fix in the first few weeks that it came out...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Having it right, is as important as delivery. Wouldn't you agree?
Yes I would agree, but stop giving us blue balls, and give it to us straight.

·
Registered
672 Posts
The H800 has been available in Australia for a few months now.

A couple of simple issues were resolved within a couple of weeks of its release.
Lots of them in use down here now and seems quite a capable piece of gear.

Mark

·
Registered
302 Posts
And your point??
My point was pretty obvious if you can read. I'd rather wait, and let them get it right, than to get it early with issues. That's the beautiful thing about Capitalism. If you don't like Alpine for them missing a schedule you can vote with your dollars. ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
It is only in America that you can't buy it. There were a couple of problems which were easily sorted with a software fix in the first few weeks that it came out...

Their way of avoiding a class action lawsuits! They can get away with the nonsense elsewhere in the world except, for North America.

·
Registered
721 Posts
My point was pretty obvious if you can read. I'd rather wait, and let them get it right, than to get it early with issues. That's the beautiful thing about Capitalism. If you don't like Alpine for them missing a schedule you can vote with your dollars. ;)

Fanboyism will get you no where.;)

·
Registered
321 Posts
Their way of avoiding a class action lawsuits! They can get away with the nonsense elsewhere in the world except, for North America.

I actually laughed allowed in the library that I am in while reading that.

You really shouldn't comment on something you don't own, haven't seen and know nothing about.

And yes I do own it, and no I am not an "alpine fanboi." I have owned the bit.one, ms8, pioneer p9, ODR RS-P70, ODR RS-P90 and a lot of analogue crossovers and older processors. My opinion is pretty irrelevant to the topic, the fact is there aren't any major problems anymore, so there is no reason for you to talk crap on the subject....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Which is just another reason to wonder wtf is going on...
x2, It really has me baffled as to WTF alpine is doing. Not to mention, makes me a bit skeptical about the unit altogether.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

You really shouldn't comment on something you don't own, haven't seen and know nothing about.

And yes I do own it, and no I am not an "alpine fanboi." I have owned the bit.one, ms8, pioneer p9, ODR RS-P70, ODR RS-P90 and a lot of analogue crossovers and older processors. My opinion is pretty irrelevant to the topic, the fact is there aren't any major problems anymore, so there is no reason for you to talk crap on the subject....
The H800 has been available in Australia for a few months now.

A couple of simple issues were resolved within a couple of weeks of its release.
Lots of them in use down here now and seems quite a capable piece of gear.

Mark
Just so I am clear...What were those issues? I've read about the "memory loss", alternator whine, and noise issues. Are there any others? How do you fix noise issues with software updates?;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
Just so I am clear...What were those issues? I've read about the "memory loss", alternator whine, and noise issues. Are there any others? How do you fix noise issues with software updates?;)
First off I am not an Alpine dealer, so what I know comes from dealers that I know well and trust.

The issues I am aware of, were noise related.. I have heard of no-one having "memory loss".
The issues were rectified with upgrades that were available from the Alpine Australia website via download.
These upgrades became available within a couple of weeks of the Australian release and it would seem everyone was happy with the H800 after this.

Here is a link to the discussion that took place in our local Australian forum..
Alpine's New Processor - PXA-H800 - Forums - Mobile Electronics AU

Mark

·
18,605 Posts
Mine had issues with both memory loss and alt whine. I sent it back for an update and opted not to take it back (just asked for a refund).

Again, what bothers me is that this thing is available outside the US market but not in the US market. I just can't imagine a reasonable explanation for this that doesn't involve something that would be a legitimate concern for Alpine not to release it here. Not unless they've decided to do extra to the processor. But, knowing Alpine, I can't imagine that to be the case.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Mine had issues with both memory loss and alt whine. I sent it back for an update and opted not to take it back (just asked for a refund).

Again, what bothers me is that this thing is available outside the US market but not in the US market. I just can't imagine a reasonable explanation for this that doesn't involve something that would be a legitimate concern for Alpine not to release it here. Not unless they've decided to do extra to the processor. But, knowing Alpine, I can't imagine that to be the case.
If Alpine can't give an answer, then it beats me! :laugh4:

Mark

·
Registered
721 Posts

The FACT that it is not available in JAPAN. The country it is made in should tell you something:rolleyes: Who's having the last laugh now mr know it all???

·
Registered
721 Posts

Don't worry bro! It is not even good enough for the JDM.

Take a look, you will not find it. Not even in the seach box. ------------> ???????????ALPINE Japan

As far as I am concern. They will only sell it where they can get away with the non sense.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts