DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance,
I've got an alpine pxa-h900 and I'm wondering which alpine head would be best to run this unit. Unfortunatly the display on my pxa has long since died (damn back lit gas display) so I'm looking for a head that will provide the best integration, I've got the pc software so tuning isn't that big of a deal. Also, I'm looking for a h.u. with fiber optic capability and Ipod integration. I've asked the alpine tech's and I keep getting the standard any ai-net deck will work with the pxa-h900. Single or double din is o.k. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I currently have a 9887 but no fiber and I've been told that it makes a big sq difference... I've heard the old flip out screen's w300 or w510's work well with this unit but I'm looking for 24bit d/a's and as already mentioned fiber capability...
Thanks again

·
Registered
84 Posts
Go for a DVA-98xx, that´s the best way as the DVAs have an optical out.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Thanks in advance,
I've got an alpine pxa-h900 and I'm wondering which alpine head would be best to run this unit. Unfortunatly the display on my pxa has long since died (damn back lit gas display) so I'm looking for a head that will provide the best integration, I've got the pc software so tuning isn't that big of a deal. Also, I'm looking for a h.u. with fiber optic capability and Ipod integration. I've asked the alpine tech's and I keep getting the standard any ai-net deck will work with the pxa-h900. Single or double din is o.k. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I currently have a 9887 but no fiber and I've been told that it makes a big sq difference... I've heard the old flip out screen's w300 or w510's work well with this unit but I'm looking for 24bit d/a's and as already mentioned fiber capability...
Thanks again
Want to trade a you're 9887 for my DVA 9861? It has fiberoptic.... Its a single-din.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Integration? The only thing you can control on the H900 from any Alpine HU is the selection of the 6 memory slots for the processor. Other than that, only basic AI-Net control, aka volume.

Also, if you're going to hook the HU digitally with the processor, then why are you looking for 24bit D/A's anyway? :)

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can use the old Iva-d900 or d901 dvd head unit in case that you want to use the 5.1 dts format for movies etc. Then you need the pxa-h900 software.

·
Registered
4,372 Posts
I do know that, I'm also having some old school stuffs... Like the Pioneer P9 combo, ever since I bought it, I've spent close to $500 for maintaining it for working condition.... It just fail 1 by 1, from the DEQ's circuit board to now the Hu's CD mech that need another $300 to repair it...
Buying old stuffs? The risk is there... It depends if that person can take it or not....

·
Registered
192 Posts
Integration? The only thing you can control on the H900 from any Alpine HU is the selection of the 6 memory slots for the processor. Other than that, only basic AI-Net control, aka volume.

Also, if you're going to hook the HU digitally with the processor, then why are you looking for 24bit D/A's anyway? :)
X2...the DACs in the head unit don't matter if your going optical out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts