DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've decided to replace my TN-45 tweeters with some QTD-25s. I'll be installing them in a few days and am wondering where to start when it comes to crossover points and slope. I'm using the MS-8 btw. I'm thinking 3500hz with a 24db slope. Any suggestions or first hand knowledge? When installed and set up right these things are friggin amazing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
The MB passive crossover cuts them at 2500hz with a 12 db slope. From what Ive read starting higher than that yields great results. So I think your starting point is right on.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The MB passive crossover cuts them at 2500hz with a 12 db slope. From what Ive read starting higher than that yields great results. So I think your starting point is right on.
Thanks for your feedback, I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
firing completely off axis btw...
Yeh... I always run Quarts off axis. These will be firing straight across at one another. Since the Dyns go up to 4k in the specs I think I'll cross the Quarts at 4k. 24db most likely.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Back in the 90's when I used their speakers, they were crossed at 3,500 hz, with a 12 db slope. I still have a set of MBQ crossovers I modified.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts