DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is the right place for this question; probably not - mods can move or delete this but here ya go:
I like the look and quality specs of this rear view camera (Boyo VTL375HD: http://www.boyovta.com/products/vtl375hd.html) over how the Alpine camera looks in their license plate bracket. Is there any downside with not going with the Alpine camera when hooking it up to the w910? For example, running the risk of not being able to turn those virtual red/yellow/green cone indicators on or off in the on screen display? I heard that might be an issue. Can someone confirm? Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have done it with 3rd Party Camera. Infact a cheap Boss Audio Camera (have it on a 4x4 vehicle which sees a little dirt, mud and water, going strong for 4 years now). Camera was installed on W205 and worked perfect. Used the same connections when I swapped over to W910 and it works just the same. Looks a bit clearer with the W910. Cones can turn on and off. The choice of camera does not affect the the ability view the green yellow and red cones. I guess it is like an overlay on the screen.

Hope this helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts