DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a Sundown x18. it is 1250 watts rms and I am looking at hooking this up in my house next year for parties. What do I all need so that this can work in the house? Also, what do i need to know so that i can be sure that it will not keep tripping the breaker and that the house has enough power for it? If there is anything else that i need to take into consideration that i am forgetting please let me know. Thank you!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
How are we supposed to give you advice if we don't know how you are powering your sub and we don't know what you are drinking?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be using an amp that is a minimum of 1500 watts when bridged down to two ohms, but have not decided on the exact amp yet. And I will be drinking whatever keg shows up in our basement that night ??

·
Premium Member
1,159 Posts
"If there is anything else that i need to take into consideration that i am forgetting please let me know"

I would highly recommend that you keep a very good relationship with your Neighbors and do NOT forget to Invite them to said party. Might just pay off after said party!

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
You need a reciever with a dedicated sub channel, an external hifi amp a set of midrange speakers and a dedicated tapper. It would be easier to integrate a powered sub, but given the amout of gear you need I doubt you'll be interested in that route.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,287 Posts
You might have to wire the coils in series to an 8 ohm load for most 110v amps to be happy. And an inverter to run the car amp would have to be huge and pull mega current. I think you'd be better off just building a home setup and forgetting about trying to run the car stuff in the house.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts