DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing quite a bit of reading about the ms8 and all of the amazing things it can do, but I am left with one question. Since there are 8 outputs available to configure, would a 2 way active front stage, center, rears, and subs be something that can be done? Thats assuming 4 for the front, 2 for the rear, 1 for center and 1 for subs, so the burning question, can it be done????????

If it can I may have to offer my p99rs up for grabs and change everything over.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I've been doing quite a bit of reading about the ms8 and all of the amazing things it can do, but I am left with one question. Since there are 8 outputs available to configure, would a 2 way active front stage, center, rears, and subs be something that can be done? Thats assuming 4 for the front, 2 for the rear, 1 for center and 1 for subs, so the burning question, can it be done????????

If it can I may have to offer my p99rs up for grabs and change everything over.
Yes. I have that exact system in my truck. Well not yet, but soon. :D

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You have been PM'd sir.

What speakers are you running for the center and rears? Would a high efficiency full range work for the center powered off of the ms8 with the rears running off of my extra channels on my amp?

·
Registered
317 Posts
You have been PM'd sir.

What speakers are you running for the center and rears? Would a high efficiency full range work for the center powered off of the ms8 with the rears running off of my extra channels on my amp?
I am running Audible physics XR3M's for the front 3 dash speakers (center included). I know bigger is better when it comes to center speakers but it's all my truck had room for.

XR6.5m's for the front doors and Massive CK6 components for the rears.

Andy from Harmon is much more qualified to answer your question regarding amp power for each speaker, but I believe you are better off amping your center channel and running the rears off MS8 power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts