DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Question about RCA's and speaker wire....

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TXwrxWagon 
#1 ·
I'm keeping my h/u and adding comp's and a sub (w/ amp's of course). To integrate everything I'm using a JL Audio Cleansweep. The question is I have the option of making my long runs w/ either RCA cables or speaker wire. What I mean is I can mount the Cleansweep near the h/u and run RCA's to the amp's in the trunk. Or I can mount the Cleansweep in the trunk (w/ the amp's) and run speaker wire to the comp's in my front doors and dash.

The question is what would handle the long runs better....the speaker wire or the RCA cables? I'm thinking the RCA cables but I don't have anything to back that up. Or does it even matter? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#3 ·
doesn't matter.. we don't know what kind of car you are keeping the OE HU in to feed the Cleansweep.

Depending on the car I would drop JL a quick email & tell them exactly what you are planning. they may have experience with your car & know of a problem... example.. I know some of the Mercedes Bus-architecture is very pissy about resistance in the Bus-chain... also... in some cases the powered output of the OE amp helps get enough signal to the Cleansweep(CS) or similar devices... Also, remember, the CS will take speaker wire soldered to RCA ends into the RCA inputs...

SEnd them an email...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.