DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so My headunit has 3 sets of 4v outputs two(front and rear) go to the xo which is a ppi frx 456 seems to have a maximum output of 8v. My nine.5's gain control says 8v-0.3v. My other amps just say min-max. So do I adjust/match input voltage to head unit's 4v output or to the xo's 8v output. I usually just go by ear but I want to be sure that I dont clip my amps. Any HELP would be appreciated. thank you.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
Ok, so My headunit has 3 sets of 4v outputs two(front and rear) go to the xo which is a ppi frx 456 seems to have a maximum output of 8v. My nine.5's gain control says 8v-0.3v. My other amps just say min-max. So do I adjust/match input voltage to head unit's 4v output or to the xo's 8v output. I usually just go by ear but I want to be sure that I dont clip my amps. Any HELP would be appreciated. thank you.
A head unit, processor, whatever is rated just like an amp. That's maximum output.

Adjust the gain of the mid, mid/tweeter or whatever you have by ear for maximum undistorted ouput, then level match the subwoofers after that.

DO NOT use a DMM and DO NOT try to match the amps gain marking with the supposed HU, Processor or whatever rated output to the amps input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.