DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long story short, I have a 2010 Acura CSX with navigation (I’ve heard it’s pretty much a fancy Civic SI) that came with the navigation unit. My main question is, can the OEM dash kit be used to install another double DIN system, or do I need a third party dash kit? The OEM kit is the same height and width as my new stereo.

My second question would be in relation to the factory AMP. The place I got a new double DIN unit installed is saying to get my tweeters working, I need to buy an additional amp bypass harness. They worked with my OEM unit. Because my particular model has an AMP. Is this accurate? They sold me a miscoloured, misfitting dash kit, so I’m not really trusting anything that they’re saying. I’ve gotten the runaround for months and even their head office isn’t responding to me.

Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
You can do all the work yourself by researching and watching a few utube videos and subscribing to some pros like 5 Star Car Stereo.
Yes, to install a great system and keep the stock headunit, you need an amp bypass harness and an active LOC unit or a DSP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can do all the work yourself by researching and watching a few utube videos and subscribing to some pros like 5 Star Car Stereo.
Yes, to install a great system and keep the stock headunit, you need an amp bypass harness and an active LOC unit or a DSP.
Thanks for the reply. This specific vehicle was only released in Canada, so finding information on it is difficult. I already have an aftermarket unit in, but my tweeters don’t work. The amp bypass harness should alleviate that if I understand that correctly?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Oh ok. Sorry.
Why are you keeping the oem speakers ? Are you wanting to further modify your car audio ?
In my opinion, replacing the front speakers with an aftermarket 2 way component set and powering them with the aftermarket headunit only with the amp bypassed, will help you decide.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh ok. Sorry.
Why are you keeping the oem speakers ? Are you wanting to further modify your car audio ?
In my opinion, replacing the front speakers with an aftermarket 2 way component set and powering them with the aftermarket headunit only with the amp bypassed, will help you decide.
I’d like to keep the OEM speakers. But I’m very confused as to why my tweeters stopped working. Why doesn’t my aftermarket unit work with the factory amp?

·
Registered
768 Posts
What is the point of keeping the aftermarket speakers ? They are cheap and made to work well with the stock headunit you are no longer using. The tweeters were most likely powered off the stock headunit while the other speakers were powered off the stock amp. Believe it or not, your new headunit most likely has more power than the stock amp. Powering a set of components with the new headunit with the stock amp bypassed will most likely result in much better front soundstage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts