DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The reason that I ask is that in my VW Gti, I am only going to have three speakers. But I want full power going to each set. Meaning one amp per speaker dedicated to just that speaker. I'm not even sure if that is possible or am I just going overboard? All input is appreciated.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
I've done it before. I used Y adapters to ensure that each channel had input on the amplifiers that bridged using both L+R inputs. Some of the old school amps I ran used only the left OR right input when bridging, so that made it even simpler.

Of course, the only issue I ran into was I was REALLY overpowering my door speakers by doing so. Nothing like giving 300 watts RMS to a driver only rated to take 50 watts RMS of power. I didn't even blow anything up by doing so.

·
Registered
5,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great to hear since I am ordering three of the JBL MS mono amps. Wish me luck lol.

·
Registered
187 Posts
So two coax speakers and a sub?

I'd say go for it! I'll be using an amp per midbass in my build, but a bridged amp on tweeters might be too much :) The challange will be balancing the gains on the seperate amps, but it won't be tough.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Going overboard is great. I did a system years ago with 5 PPI PC2350 amps to a component set and a pair of woofers. 350 watts to each tweeter, 1400 to each mid, and 1400 to each sub. Easily the most dynamic system I have ever heard. Overkill for sure, but it sounded great.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Great to hear since I am ordering three of the JBL MS mono amps. Wish me luck lol.
Are those MS monos full range? I looked at the manual & it says frequency range is 20-270hz.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I'm running a pair Dynaudio MW162 of an amp each, Genesis Stereo 60, so 120-170wrms per mid. One amp has a ch down so Yuri has kindly leant me two SM50s in the interim.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts